Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A possible timeline?
(04-19-2016, 08:22 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: There were a lot of traveling dreams connected to Project September. I don't recall if this one of mine was during or after, but I was traveling with a large group of people and we were walking along a roadway like refugees. In fact, a few of my dreams from then had me traveling. A repeating dream from my childhood had me traveling with a group who was not family, but were my group, and we were basically scavenging abandoned houses for supplies. I've always found that series of dreams strange for a child to have, especially in times of prosperity. Where would I have come up with that? (I'll date myself - but this was the late 60s folks. Way ahead of Mad Max, violent video games and the like).

This all sounds like a strong blow back to a time with less tech, our sense of identity as a people wiped off the face of the map. I know we were supposed to intend September, but now it makes me wonder which one?

Goldengirl, I have to admit, in the late 70's, I had a series of dreams one summer that strongly echoed what you mentioned above. As 'us old ones' remember, the late 70's could be tough, but also were really the 'end of the golden age' itself. That said, to have 'Mad Max' type dreams before Mad Max was ever filmed was seriously 'precognition' in some ways.

I remember one in particular that was so real, I still remember it like it was not a dream, but a personal experience of real life. It was about being older (maybe 40-50), tough, alone, I still had a pickup truck that I had before it had all started, and remember going 'house-to-house' to scavenge for anything to subsist on. I would knock first, then either pick the lock and go in, or try to be very quiet and break in. There was an overwhelming concern about 'being heard' by 'the others', apparently people who were either sick, demented or had gone insane - they wandered, they ambled like zombies. They were drawn to fast movement and loud noises. Apparently, you could walk right in front of them with minimal risk, as long as you ambled like they did, made no eye contact, and didn't make noise. They bled from their eyes (and in many ways, to think back, reminded me of what I know now as late-stage human-rabies infections). One particular image I remember thinking it was 5-6 months into the event, it was worldwide, few were left that were 'unaffected', and most houses had already been 'raided' by most who were already dead from the infection itself.  I stayed in the desert out-of-town, and would only risk coming to town in the mid-day, bright sun, and only when I was running low on supplies. Canned goods were almost gone, water was very scarce and very difficult to locate (which makes me think now that either severe drought or something else had affected the water tables).  There had not been a war, but what seemed to be a global viral outbreak that destroyed most. For whatever reason, I was still unaffected, but struggling to find enough to survive.

There is MUCH MORE to this dream sequence that spanned over a week that summer back then. I remember seeing destroyed bridges (as if a great earthquake had hit north of me, up near Colorado somewhere), very few living people, no animals left, and so much more. When you encountered people (which happened seldom after the 4-5 month mark into the event), they were primal, feral, and very dangerous - like starving caged animals. Maybe that's why I remember it so well - it was so real, and far scarier than any horror movie I've ever watched, it really burned into my memory back then - to remember it 40 years later like this.

Maybe yet another 'common thread' that has persisted until now? Not sure.

(04-20-2016, 11:56 AM)Skeetersaurus Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 08:22 PM)Goldengirl Wrote: There were a lot of traveling dreams connected to Project September. I don't recall if this one of mine was during or after, but I was traveling with a large group of people and we were walking along a roadway like refugees. In fact, a few of my dreams from then had me traveling. A repeating dream from my childhood had me traveling with a group who was not family, but were my group, and we were basically scavenging abandoned houses for supplies. I've always found that series of dreams strange for a child to have, especially in times of prosperity. Where would I have come up with that? (I'll date myself - but this was the late 60s folks. Way ahead of Mad Max, violent video games and the like).

This all sounds like a strong blow back to a time with less tech, our sense of identity as a people wiped off the face of the map. I know we were supposed to intend September, but now it makes me wonder which one?

Goldengirl, I have to admit, in the late 70's, I had a series of dreams one summer that strongly echoed what you mentioned above. As 'us old ones' remember, the late 70's could be tough, but also were really the 'end of the golden age' itself. That said, to have 'Mad Max' type dreams before Mad Max was ever filmed was seriously 'precognition' in some ways.

I remember one in particular that was so real, I still remember it like it was not a dream, but a personal experience of real life. It was about being older (maybe 40-50), tough, alone, I still had a pickup truck that I had before it had all started, and remember going 'house-to-house' to scavenge for anything to subsist on. I would knock first, then either pick the lock and go in, or try to be very quiet and break in. There was an overwhelming concern about 'being heard' by 'the others', apparently people who were either sick, demented or had gone insane - they wandered, they ambled like zombies. They were drawn to fast movement and loud noises. Apparently, you could walk right in front of them with minimal risk, as long as you ambled like they did, made no eye contact, and didn't make noise. They bled from their eyes (and in many ways, to think back, reminded me of what I know now as late-stage human-rabies infections). One particular image I remember thinking it was 5-6 months into the event, it was worldwide, few were left that were 'unaffected', and most houses had already been 'raided' by most who were already dead from the infection itself.  I stayed in the desert out-of-town, and would only risk coming to town in the mid-day, bright sun, and only when I was running low on supplies. Canned goods were almost gone, water was very scarce and very difficult to locate (which makes me think now that either severe drought or something else had affected the water tables).  There had not been a war, but what seemed to be a global viral outbreak that destroyed most. For whatever reason, I was still unaffected, but struggling to find enough to survive.

There is MUCH MORE to this dream sequence that spanned over a week that summer back then. I remember seeing destroyed bridges (as if a great earthquake had hit north of me, up near Colorado somewhere), very few living people, no animals left, and so much more. When you encountered people (which happened seldom after the 4-5 month mark into the event), they were primal, feral, and very dangerous - like starving caged animals. Maybe that's why I remember it so well - it was so real, and far scarier than any horror movie I've ever watched, it really burned into my memory back then - to remember it 40 years later like this.

Maybe yet another 'common thread' that has persisted until now? Not sure.
BTW - I am older now, than I had seen myself in those dreams then - so I am not sure if that was merely a timeline that 'could have happened', or if I saw myself younger than the actual event happens, or if the event itself has been merely delayed a few years. I know I am not in as good of physical shape as I was in that dream, but then again, that hard of a daily life can get you back in shape rather quickly, too. It seems the old (decades old) dreams aren't as good of time-line predictors as the more-recent ones often are.

Messages In This Thread
A possible timeline? - by ThePaladin - 04-19-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Goldengirl - 04-19-2016, 05:55 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by ThePaladin - 04-19-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Goldengirl - 04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Nanny - 04-19-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Goldengirl - 04-19-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Skeetersaurus - 04-20-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: A possible timeline? - by ThePaladin - 04-20-2016, 05:53 AM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Nanny - 04-20-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: A possible timeline? - by Skeetersaurus - 04-21-2016, 12:42 AM
RE: A possible timeline? - by twiceblessed9 - 04-20-2016, 10:57 PM