Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rats in the Harvest Room
I really wish I could remember more of this dream because it was just SO bazaar. (Well... I guess most of my dreams are though...) The part I DO remember, however, was that I was in this place that seemed really retro (as if I was back in the 50's or something)... I was at a sort of Mini Mall... and it had a place that was like a drive through theater right next to a restaurant and a few other small buildings. Anyway, I was walking up a dusty gravel road to this place and noticed this MONSTER rat. I had to be the size of a medium dog or something. I felt like this thing was BAD and if it got away it might destroy something, so I pulled a giant snow shovel out of thin air and went to kill it. Anyway, as I ran up to it with this snow shovel, it sort of started glitching and running in place. Maybe like something would in a video game or program? The whole time I'm using every ounce of energy I have to try and kill it and then suddenly it shrinks down to the size of a regular rat... (still a rather large rat though)... and I actually land a hit on it with the shovel and feel kinda bad about it, like its just overkill and sorta mean. So, I end up stunning it and I bend over and pick up this rat which has shrunk again. Now its just a little brown mouse. And as I hold it I'm looking at it squirm a bit and am a little scared it could bite me and have some sort of disease. But it doesn't bite me, it just squirms as its trying to get out of my hand.

Anyway, I still have the feeling that this isn't a good thing, so I ask around about what I'm supposed to do with it since it seemed obvious I shouldn't let it go, it seemed like if I did it would grow again and this little town I was in would have something bad happen to it. I find out that there are five rats in this town and that no one would go out of their way to try and capture them, either for fear of being bitten or because they just didn't want to spend time doing it. I also find out that I am supposed to put this thing in a Harvest room. I DO remember the word "Harvest" being used, but there was another word used for the room. I run around all over trying to find this room before finally asking someone where this place is, and they point to a big steel door not far from where I was standing, near the restaurant and drive through. I open the steel door and it is a grimy bathroom... which is shocking to me, considering the word "Harvest" was used to describe it. I was expecting a clean kitchen or food storage area, I guess. Not really sure what to do, I look at the mouse in my hand which is now white and kinda cute. I didn't want to hurt it, but when I opened the door to this room it really started to freak out which scared me a bit. I didn't see a container or anything for this mouse, so I just sorta tossed him in the room and slammed shut the door. But I noticed as I slammed shut the door, I had accidentally tossed it into the toilet, which made me feel a bit bad. I was a little worried it might drown, but remembered that this was a BAD thing, even though it LOOKED cute.

I guess seeing that grimy bathroom made me feel like I had to go to the restroom myself, and so I asked around to find the nearest restroom. (One that wasn't all grimy and used to store rats). I was directed to this place that was just filthy with dirty clothes piled up the walls. I waded through the clothes to find the potty was right there in the middle of what seemed to be a living room and decided I would just have to hold it because that was weird... TOO weird for me, even in a dream. But while I was in there, I noticed some movement in the clothes and found another mouse. This time a little black mouse. Unnaturally black even. It was easy to catch and as I held it, I took note that it struggled like the other mouse, but did not bite. Then I thought about how easily I had found these two rats that were endangering this town and wondered if it was just coincidence or if it was just a big, dangerous problem that was easy to solve, but no one wanted to face head on.

Messages In This Thread
Rats in the Harvest Room - by Elyse - 04-20-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: Rats in the Harvest Room - by Goldengirl - 04-20-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Rats in the Harvest Room - by twiceblessed9 - 04-20-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Rats in the Harvest Room - by ThePaladin - 04-20-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Rats in the Harvest Room - by twiceblessed9 - 04-20-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Rats in the Harvest Room - by Elyse - 04-21-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Rats in the Harvest Room - by Maysea - 02-09-2020, 06:17 PM