Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destroyed buildings
24 April 2016

Intention set: To gain more information regarding Skeetersaurus' dream about the zombies

1) Standing on the porch of a house in what appears to be a well-established residential neighborhood. Bungalow-type houses, well-manicured lawns, black late 40's rounded back coupes in several driveways. I'm watching a group of children whacking at a pinata hanging from a tree branch a few houses down. None are blindfolded and they're all wielding baseball bats but no matter how hard they hit the pinata, it doesn't break. The kids are yelling and screaming but not in a way that indicates having fun. Then a small boy who resembles an older Prince George, complete with blue shorts and white shirt with a Peter Pan collar, and the little shoes he wears now, approaches the group of kids. They don't seem to notice him. He has something in his hand that I can't see clearly from my vantage point but I get a bad feeling about it and start sprinting towards the kids. He holds up the item. I see a puff of smoke but don't hear anything. One of the kids falls. The other kids keep swinging at the pinata, not noticing their fallen friend. I reach the group just as the George lookalike takes aim at another kid. I grab him up with one arm and yank the item from his hand. It's a gun of some sort but looks like no gun I've ever seen. It's shaped like one of those leather water canteens, sort of a paisley shape, but the barrel is metal and the wide section is black wood. There is no discernible trigger nor any of the normal workings of a gun like a trigger or magazine. But I know this is deadly in some manner. No, I tell him. This is not acceptable. I head back to the house, carrying him and the item.

2) In the backyard of the house. The George lookalike is playing with a ball. I'm talking to a man I don't recognize, showing him the item I took from George. The man takes the item and examines it carefully. He asks how it works. I tell him I don't know. The man asks if George knows. I shake my head and tell him no, that once I took it away from him he didn't even seem to notice it. The man says that it's obviously a gun of some kind but he had no idea how it worked. I agreed with him. He asks if he can take it and show it to his bosses. I seem to know who he means and tell him yes, that they need to see this thing.

3) In the backyard again, but this time the house is destroyed. Completely demolished as if torn down. I'm standing next to a guy in a hard hat. I tell him that this house had belonged to my parents when my dad was stationed in Everett, that they sold the house when my dad got orders for Japan, and after he retired they returned and were able to buy the house again. The guy asks if it bothers me that the house is gone now. I shake my head and say no, because I was little when we lived here and what memories I do have aren't pleasant.

4) Walking along an alleyway. On both sides of the alley, the buildings are all destroyed. I see people moving around the wreckage and wonder if they're trying to find their belongings in the debris. I don't wonder what happened, I seem to know, even though I don't even think about it. Everything is quiet, not even a whisper of a breeze stirring through the trees. Are they going to rebuild? I ask a man accompanying me, who, up to that point, I didn't realize was there. What would be the point? he replies. I nod and say, Good point.

Notes:

The item in the first dream really stayed with me. I tried to find something that resembled the shape and the best I could do is http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DTGATQ2?psc=1. The black part went about 2/3rds the way up the big rounded part and the metal barrel was where the water spout is located.

My father was stationed in Everett, WA, in the early 60's. My parents had a house which they sold when he received orders for Japan. I have no idea if the house is still standing nor do I care. As I said in the dream, the few memories I have of living in that house aren't pleasant.

I don't know if the destruction was localized but in the small area I saw it was nearly complete. The only buildings still standing were those made of cinder blocks, like old gas stations. The only people I saw were those who were rooting about in the debris and there weren't many of them.

Once again, classic/antique cars are present as indicators of a retro theme.

How all this fits in with Skeeter's dream, beyond the destroyed buildings, is open for discussion.

Messages In This Thread
Destroyed buildings - by ThePaladin - 04-24-2016, 11:32 PM
RE: Destroyed buildings - by Skeetersaurus - 04-25-2016, 03:44 AM
RE: Destroyed buildings - by twiceblessed9 - 04-25-2016, 03:50 AM
RE: Destroyed buildings - by ThePaladin - 04-25-2016, 03:58 AM
RE: Destroyed buildings - by Skeetersaurus - 04-25-2016, 07:18 AM