Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just randomness...
Thank you so much... you guys rock. :-) You've given me a lot to think about. The news stories are a bit over my head, I haven't the vaguest notion about what any of the "stocks talk" means but there are points that gave me a second look. Bear... my guide and protector is a bear... an old sow black bear. Not really the same context as the article but still... the little things count. "Dead Presidents" took me a minute to understand but then that made a lot of sense.
Stocks-stalks... wow, I hadn't thought of that. It's very interesting and hits a note because seeing-preparing-planting-harvesting-walking in maize commonly occurs in my dreams.

"How I Met Your Mother"... at first I didn't know what that meant then remembered it is a television show... I think? I haven't seen it but I could have easily saw some bit without noticing. The yellow umbrella with that caption could certainly have been imprinted in my mind at some time if I passed by it going through channels. Interesting.

What you said about listing the stuff I've learned to do would be a worthy, focusing task and it would certainly do me some real good. Thank you so much for that. It could take awhile and would really test my memory... the thing I love most to do in life is learn to do things. It consumes me and has actually been a problem. I do something, learn something and on to the next thing. I've never grown really proficient at one thing because there is always something more I want to try or learn. I spent 20 years this last job and I became *insanely* bored with it, but once the job ended, I found I missed it and appreciated how much they worked around my numerous "quirks", my OCD and brain glitches... and needless to say, I'm not finding another job I can deal well with or more to the point, deals well with me. LOL! Thank you for helping me see I need to re-examine possibilities. At nearly 60 I'm not in the least bit interested in a new "career" but alas, we gotta eat.
Yes, I have to agree, my "riches" aren't in cash and my downfall has often been taking payment that *isn't* cash for jobs I've done. I am usually very happy with non-monetary payment, at least until the light bill comes due.

Thank you both SO much, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help and how valuable it has been to me.

Messages In This Thread
Just randomness... - by Rae22 - 11-11-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Just randomness... - by esholars - 11-11-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Just randomness... - by Rae22 - 11-11-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Just randomness... - by cathartid - 11-23-2014, 12:07 AM