Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All those returning home...
DLP, God bless and help him as he makes this new life for himself!
One of our son-in-laws was so damaged in Iraq and Afghanistan wars that they Medically-Retired him at age 30 or 31. He, too is back in college after more than 11yrs. service and doing quite well.
(Will you please show your son the 501c founded by now-retired Army Col. Tony Monaco, at www.patriotoutreach.org? I can even PM you the official endorsements for Colonel's brand of self-awareness mental-observational exercise.)

Eagle1, as usual you nailed it, "social engineering!" There's a presence in our Pentagon that knows intimately about the best PTSD treatment and success stories, and was going to use it, and a presence in the Pentagon that snuffed-out this effort. I have details about it if you ever want to hear them, and it's all factual. Engineering indeed....some do not want our finest to get better, but want them as they are, so messed-up that they cannot stand by their oath to defend our constitution in the future I dare say.

(04-12-2015, 09:52 AM)Eagle1 Wrote: Ah, that's it! We're malnourished for the transition. In dealing with personal issues, I've forgotten to incubate for more info on this vital nutrient. So using DLP's Turkey metaphor, if people want to acclimate before visiting Turkey, they need to get their hands on some Turkish water and slowly drink a little more each day. Obviously, the challenge is to get their hands on Turkish water before actually going to Turkey. Maybe I can makes some sense on this after I run and analyze today's bot run.

DLP, thanks for sharing your son's experiences. PTSD is such a massive issue at all levels. I'm wondering the long term consequences of having such a large number of men and women vets with depression, traumatic memories, etc. IMO, it's no accident what these wars are doing to our young citizens. There's some type of social engineering going on, and it's stinks to high heaven.

DLP, gal I missed the top part of your post. Our ego like our minds seem to have a life of their own at times, well most of the time. The ego uses the mind as its vehicle for yet another assault on our sincere, humble souls and inner-peace.
Guess what? Col. Monaco's exercise enables us to be matadors of our minds and emotions, which are "the bull." LOL uh huh in more ways than one. This one self-awareness exercise has reached the Surgeon General of the US in a good report about it, and head of psychiatry at Walter Reed used it at that hospital, and much more.

Eagle1, I did it, too. If this is highjacking dang I did it. You got this message upon awakening. If you have any leading from it in the future, please consider sharing it with us here. Otherwise, I'll be hoping that it meant that you're the military man that the Good Side of The Force wishes to "draft" to help the hurting.

Just days ago, sickening as it made me feel in my solar plexes, our daughter that lives not far from Ft. Campbell told me that she follows a police reporting site and that she's bothered by how many attempted-suicides and suicides are on the thing in their area! Ft. Campbell is such a large Army base that they have *4 elementary schools on-post. She thinks that it's likely our troops that are making up for the majority of these suicide-related reports.

Maybe....just maybe you're going to be offered a position of Govt. Contractor in helping our returning "finest." I can hope.

(04-12-2015, 09:52 AM)Eagle1 Wrote: Ah, that's it! We're malnourished for the transition. In dealing with personal issues, I've forgotten to incubate for more info on this vital nutrient. So using DLP's Turkey metaphor, if people want to acclimate before visiting Turkey, they need to get their hands on some Turkish water and slowly drink a little more each day. Obviously, the challenge is to get their hands on Turkish water before actually going to Turkey. Maybe I can makes some sense on this after I run and analyze today's bot run.

DLP, thanks for sharing your son's experiences. PTSD is such a massive issue at all levels. I'm wondering the long term consequences of having such a large number of men and women vets with depression, traumatic memories, etc. IMO, it's no accident what these wars are doing to our young citizens. There's some type of social engineering going on, and it's stinks to high heaven.

Messages In This Thread
All those returning home... - by Eagle1 - 04-10-2015, 08:24 AM
RE: All those returning home... - by Sherriann - 04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by Nanny - 04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by ThePaladin - 04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by Eagle1 - 04-10-2015, 04:51 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by Nanny - 04-10-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by ThePaladin - 04-10-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by Nanny - 04-10-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by ThePaladin - 04-11-2015, 03:37 AM
RE: All those returning home... - by Nanny - 04-11-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: All those returning home... - by Cassandra - 04-12-2015, 06:26 PM