Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War
This dream took place on Thursday, May 13, 2010, in the early morning hours. I made a few notes right when I awoke. This is from those notes:
A war began between North Korea and South Korea - I have know idea how or why. My seven year old son was in the military with me on the DMZ (I spent 10 years in the US Army in real life). He was an "adult" in the dream, but maintained his same 7 year old size and look, however, had the maturity of an adult. The most vivid part involved a battle across a mountain pass. Conventional tube fired artillery was being exchanged from both sides through the pass, but due to the defilade position of the N. Korean troops, our calls for fire were impacting the mountains on the sides and not reaching the targeted troops in the low ground. The enemy fire was, however, hitting us. So... our forces designed a plan to send a tactical nuclear weapon into the pass on a rail car using old tracks that skirted the right side of the pass. It was literally rolled downhill on the tracks. When the weapon detonated, it created a "mountain top removal" type effect on the right side of the pass and sent massive amounts of rock and dirt into the pass burying the enemy troops alive and creating a new attack route for our tanks over the top on the pile.
Soon after my son was injured in the fighting and I awoke from fright.
Analysis: On some level I think this was about fear of injury to my son. However, I find it odd to have had such a dream immediately before the escalation of tensions on the peninsula. No doubt that news reports and such influenced this dream, but the part involving the weapon was exceptionally vivid.