Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Rewind
I was driving on a rural, paved road on a bright sunny day through a very pleasant countryside listing to the radio. I had somebody with me, but I'm not sure who it was.

I was carving corners at a quick touring speed when suddenly everything froze. Immediately things started running backwards, like a film being rewound. Even the sound from the radio was backwards. I was initially concerned about keeping the car on the road at the speeds I was driving, but didn't seem to have any trouble doing it. This went on for several minutes and then I noticed some cars in the distance coming up behind me that didn't seem to be moving backwards; they were coming toward me.

I started thinking that I should slow down and get over on the shoulder before we had a wreck, but I wasn't quite sure how to go about accomplishing this task. The other cars got closer and closer and about the time I felt a crash was inevitable, things froze up again and I started moving forward. There was no sense of acceleration; I was immediately up to speed. The radio became intelligible again. My passenger and I looked at each other, shrugged, and the trip proceeded on its way.