Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanical Insects
This is a recurring dream I have had since childhood. I started having it again recently (a couple of weeks ago) so I hope that fits within your requested 1-year time frame.
In my dream, I am being chased by a spider, sometimes an army of spiders. They are larger than normal, and throughout the dream, I can remember that they are "not real", although they are substantial and very much present (not a ghostly apparition). If they catch up with you and bite, you are dead. When I was younger (been having this dream since teenage years) they were cartoon animated spiders. Now, they are more mechanical looking. But the dream is basically the same: I am being chased by deadly spiders that are "not real". These dreams feel totally real, and I always awaken feeling very fearful, as if I narrowly escaped with my life.
A few months back I remember a caller to Coast to Coast commenting on a mechanical bug visiting is house that looked like a dragonfly. He actually thought it WAS a dragonfly, but reported that a neighbor told him that some Men-in-Black types showed up and removed the "bug" from his house while he was gone).
A Google search for "mechanical dragonfly" actually yielded quite a few hits, including this interesting article that seems to say that these little mechanical drones have already been deployed:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...01434.html
There apparently is a name for these: Roboinsects. A Google search of that term brings many interesting hits.
So, back to my dream… I have come to the conclusion that these spiders of my dreams are a mechanical spider, some diabolical invention that will be deployed with a deadly poison. Think about it -- what a great way to knock off your enemies…. Send these little MF"ers to their house while they are sleeping, poison them, recall the drone and voila! An assassination which can never be traced back to anyone, no gun, no evidence, no way to trace, just some guys in a black van with a remote control joystick.
Actually an invention like this could be deployed for a number of tasks: recon, etc, just let your mind wander and the applications are many.