Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satellite Anthem Icarus
The title of this dream is a song by "Boards of Canada". Throughout the entire dream this song was playing clearly as if the music was the source of the dream. I had heard it for the first time earlier that day at a friend's house. I had this dream some time in 2006.
I remember standing on the roof of a ruined skyscraper that was flooded halfway up its height. I could see other time-tarnished, eroded buildings standing out of the water and I knew there were hundreds that were submerged. I had the sense that decades had passed and that the ocean had swallowed this once great city. I was standing in waist deep water on top of this building. The sky was filled with the golden hues of the most beautiful sunrise imaginable. I could feel the mossy tiled floor beneath my bare feet. I didn't know how the water got on the roof or why the roof floor was tiled. As I walked toward the middle of the roof from the edge, I realized there was a huge hole in the middle of the floor. The water on the roof was draining down in a huge whirlpool and I was swept into it.
I immediately woke up before I was swept all the way down and the music was STILL PLAYING in my head so clearly I could hear every note. As I walked to the bathroom to pee I could still hear the song until I went back to sleep. There's something prophetic about that song and it means the future to me.