Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit and Run
When I was a child, from about 9 to 13, I would have this dream frequently and vividly. Over the course of Spring 2010 I have begun having this dream again sporadically.

I am an adult working in my front yard in a subrurban hilly cul-de-sac, it is mid day and there are plenty of neighbors and their children playing in their yards. Two black cars pull up quickly and park near my house and three men in dark suits get out, walking deliberately towards me.

The men call me out and being to harangue me, I begin to fear for my safety and run away from them towards the top of a hill where there's a park. The men run after me yelling and waving guns, my neighbors and their children quickly run inside. As I reach the crest of the grassy knoll the men catch up and surround me, the leader raises a large pistol and points it directly at my chest.

The leader fires and three round projectiles the size of a marble strike me in the midsection. Somehow I know that this is a virulent poison from which no one has survived. The men laugh and begin walking back to their cars, leaving me to slump to the ground bleeding slightly and immobilized.

I black out and awaken late at night in the park. As I walk back towards my house I see that the neighborhood is deserted and the yards appear overgrown. I rummage through my house and clean myself up, as I shower I see the three round balls pop out of my mid section so I grab them and set them aside.

After having dressed I begin to head into the town center to find out what's going on I begin to see people who somehow recognize me and look fearful. These people avoid me, so I am more curious.

As I get to a more crowded area the people actively avoid me. I hear a small child ask a mother "why isn't he dead?". Then I see police and decide to avoid them, heading down an alley and stumbling over an old man.

The old man and I talk, he tells me that the authorities use their guns to kill and poison people whom they feel are a threat. The wounds from my earlier shooting are a source of wonder for him and he says that the authorities will be sure to hunt me down but that I need to show the people my wounds so that they may see that the guns are not fatal.

After this there are several variations of travelling to various locations in the town, meeting other people who either help or hinder and a constant avoidance of authority figures.

There never seems to be any resolution in the dream and each variation starts the same way until after meeting the old man.