Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somewhere in American Southwest
I had this dream about a year ago. In the dream, I am in the desert somewhere in the American Southwest. I don't know where, I only recognize the terrain from a trip I was on when younger. Maybe Arizona. I don't see anyone else in the dream, but I seem to know others are around. "Strong" others, and they are peers, not enemies. There is a large, sheer wall of rock that extends upward at least 50 feet immediately to the left of me as I look out into the desert, with a two-lane highway right behind me. Maybe there's an old gas station nearby to the right in the shadow of the rock face. The weird part of the dream is that I am a sixth-generation North Florida cracker and love it here, yet somehow I know this is my new home, for now, and I feel strangley comfortable, though I don't remember caring much for Arizona and New Mexico. (It could be southern Nevada, or even Utah). Furthermore, I sense that there is fighting to come, whether physical violence, or struggle to survive I'm not clear. There is a very real sense of "destiny". The dream was short, and just this one scene with its' implied presence of others and events to come, but it was so vivid I can still fell the peaceful cool of the morning in the early dawn, and the sparse patches of plants among the gray gravel and rocks.