Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Apocalypse
In my dream I awoke early in the morning. The world had been a different place for some time now. Population had been vastly reduced and the climate in my area was completely different. We had entered another ice age. My family was fine because of all of our preparations over the last year and aspects of life seemed very normal. Normal in the way that our lives consisted of finding the people I cared about, but I found a few random people as well. There were hardley any people left and it was a rarity to find anyone. I felt as if I had been searching for weeks. My dad and I would take turns going out in an airplane searching and my mom sister would stay home. My sister went a couple of times to help. I was walking down a revine to a meadow and there were 2girls (twins) and they began to follow me. I crossed the meadow and entered a redwood forest and some of the trees had fallen. It was very damp and quiet. Thegirls didn't seem frightened of me, theywere just shocked to seepeople. We reached a clearing and began talking. I knewI had been called to this place by something supernatural, a quest, to help repair areas of the planet that had been hurt by humans and needed a kick start to get going again. There were tree branches that were actually levers that needed to be moved in the right sequence, rocks that had to placed in keyholes in the earth and in trees and boulders in order for the earth to begin repairing itself in that area so that it would not take an eternity. It was a very complicated puzzle, but I already been given the information to solve it. It was a task meant for me only. I had done tasks like this before in other places. When I compleated the task I turned around to make sure thegirls were still there and a river had begun flowing. As soon as I noticed the river was flowing I got really scared. I told the girls to run and to follow me. We ran across the clearing and up the ravine to the road which led up to a large derelict mansion where the girls had been staying. We had gone up thousands of feet and when we looked back down to the meadow it had filled with water and the water wasslowly rising upthe side of the mountain. I could not get to my plane. There was an old man staying with the girls and he gave us 1 parachute. The water had reached the bottom of the house and the old man told us to hurry to a spot above the house. We watched the house slowlybeing consumedby the water. The old man pushsed us off the clif and pulled the cord to the parachute and told us to leave him behind. The shute opened really fast and we immediately caught an updraft that took us quickly away. As we looked back the water was consuming everything on the mountainside. It was as if there was an invisible force that pushed the water on a snaking path up the mountainside. I really felt like I was thousands of feet in the air, yet I waslevel with the water, watching houses being crushed, land and all sorts of things beingswallowed by the water. The water was a conscious being . It knew where it was going. It had a purpose, and I knew it was there to cleanse the mountainside, and it had been my responsibility to set it in motion. The water wasn't intent on killing us, so I knew at this point we were safe and that everything that had happened was meant to be. Once I realized that this was the way the earth was healing itself, I woke up.