Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible pole shift aftermath

This dream occurred in 1996 or 97. It was extremely vivid at that time, and the details have stayed fresh in my mind since. I have been reluctant to share it, but this seems to be the place to do so if it is going to be shared. This dream was notable in the fact that it was as if I was in a familiar place at a different time, sensing the surroundings that had dramaticly changed, and thinking/feeling things in relation to those surroundings that were somewhat alien to my life experience. This dream also lacks symbolic imagery and relationships, which figure prominently in most of my other memorable dreams.

I was walking along a familiar road that winds though a forested Wisconsin river valley near where I was living at the time of the dream. The sense was that it had been raining every day for weeks, possibly even months. The weather was cloudy but temperate. I was wearing several layers of wool and polypropylene, and they were damp and uncomfortable. This clothing was my only real possession, as I did not have the energy to carry much else and it kept me alive while sleeping.

It was summertime, likely June or early July, but most all of the leaves had been ripped off of the trees as if by a storm and plastered the road and muddy ground. The leaves were still a little green, with browning around the edges. It was late afternoon, but due to the low overhanging clouds it was dark as twilight. Many trees had been blown down by wind. One stand of large poplars looked as if some giant hand had twisted them until they split lengthwise. The poplars laid broken and bent to the ground pointing all in the same direction as one sees with straight line winds, only on a much larger scale.

I was extremely tired, so hungry I was numb to the feeling of hunger, and fearful of being seen by men with guns. Putting one foot in front of the other was an act of continual will, and I was trying to be alert to my surroundings should I need to run for my life from other people. I was going to a familiar place of natural beauty for purely psychological reasons. There was nothing special at this place that was going to change my situation. I was alone, and had been alone for some time. There were not very many people as compared to before, and there was no real reason to try and be with any. There was a lingering feeling of crushing loss that I seemed to not want to think about, but occupied my waking thoughts in a sort of delirium. I had the sense that I had been eating roots and other edible wild plants, but they were somewhat sparse and difficult to dig up in my energy depleted condition.

I followed the road until it crested a hill coming out of the valley. The clouds to the north were thinning and letting light through. The sun was setting in the sky, barely visible through a brown haze blowing from the left. The haze mixed with the overcast sky and appeared to be smoke, as if some great fire was burning somewhere over the horizon. The sun was about 1 hand width off the horizon at roughly 10-15 degrees to the right of magnetic north. At this point I woke up with the feeling that this state of things could possibly happen, and I needed to be aware of it. This feeling has persisted over the years.

Seeing the sun setting in the north was the part of the dream out of sync with reality, and I thought it was just unusual unconscious imagery until I told this dream to my aunt in 2000. She showed me some information about periodic pole shifts that occur and change the location of the north and south poles, and the possible effects on the climate of various places as a result. For the time of the year and the direction of the sunset, assuming that the earth is still 'wobbling' at roughly the same seasonal tilt, the new 'north pole' as per this dream would be somewhere near Britain or Scandinavia in my estimation. My aunt, also being interested in Edgar Cayce chalked this up to his prediction that 'Britain would disappear in an instant' or something like that, which would qualifiy if it is under a sheet of ice.