Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two dreams
The first dream I had several months ago, last winter. I live about 70 miles due east of Washington. DC, near the Chesapeake Bay. In the dream I was standing in the open doorway of my home and looking west, over a bank of trees, into the sky. The trees had leaves, like midsummer. There was a hot breeze blowing and it blew a piece of paper in the doorway. The house was empty, deserted, just a few pieces of paper flying around. (Interesting, since that time, we've had to move because we can't afford to stay there. We're still moving things out, and yes, it's hot, and it's now empty and deserted.) So I'm standing in the doorway, the hot wind is blowing and I'm looking at the sky. It's dusk, or I think it's dusk, because to the west are enormous murky clouds, almost smoky, like what you'd see in a forest fire. I remember thinking, boy that's one big fire. I remember thinking, I'm glad I'm not on the other side of the Bay. End of dream.
Second dream, just two nights ago. I'm up in the air, looking down at an passenger jet. (After looking at some pictures of typical jets, I believe it was one of the smaller Airbus models.) The paint on the top of the jet is white, there are strips, but I can't see what colors. It's flying over green fields, rural area, flat, in the middle of the day. The sun is high. Suddenly, I'm below the jet and pieces are falling off. First, it's an engine with a piece of wing still attached. Then there's a rain of pieces all around me hitting the ground. End of dream.
I rarely have disaster dreams, but one I did have in 2003 that I still remember was our house surrounded by water, and two months later, Hurricane (then Tropical storm) Isabelle came up the Bay and surrounded our house with water, though not as far as I saw in my dream. I hate to think both these recent dreams are also going to happen. I've been praying alot.