Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invasion Troops
Only rarely do I have a repeat theme in a dream. However, I had this dream repeat a number of times over several years. I was always in the same position in the dream with the same exact view.
At first the dream started out as some soldiers in cammies with helmets and weapons patrolling down my street. As the dream repeated, the scenario expanded a bit each time. The soldiers were patrolling down the street and I was now watching from the roof of a nearby building. Then it was night and they were patrolling and I had some binoculars watching for them to arrive. Then they were patrolling and I was on the roof and had a rifle and I now understood this to be an invasion of Chinese troops expanding out from Washington, D.C. into the suburbs where I live Then they were patrolling and I had a rifle and I was watching for them to come as I was expecting them. As I spotted them coming, I turned looking for an exit off the roof before they could come up to me. This version of the dream continued several times as I kept looking for a way off the roof to make a getaway. I finally found a way to start climbing down a ladder off the roof, but NEVER got down the ladder -- the dream always ended before I got to the ground. Then the dream started getting violent. As the troops came up to my building I started taking shots from the roof acting as a sniper. I shot a couple of troops and tried getting off the roof. The scenario got stuck in this loop and kept repeating whenever I had this dream. Then the final version of the dream had a helicopter come up over the troops and as I shot at them the helicopter came over my building looking for me on the roof. Again I tried to get off the roof and the dream ended. This time when I woke up I asked myself why I could not get away in the dream; the answer came into my head -- if I get up on the roof and shoot at the troops, I will get killed. I now realize that this was a message to me that when the invasion comes, I cannot be confrontational with these troops or I will be killed. After this realization, the dream stopped. I have not had the dream again for the past year and a half.