Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calif
Every year for years I have an earthquake dream. They are usually set in San Francisco.
Perhaps in '04 I had a dream about being in SF. Everytime I'm there in a dream, I know that I shouldn't be there, that I know 'the big one' is going to take place - BUT I'm there. Sure enough, the big quake does happen and there's chaos and fires, etc. Here's the thing, in these dreams, the earthquake always takes place from a point just of the coast and north of the city, maybe off the coast where Muir Woods is.
I had one in '07, where I was in a different city, which was completely unique as they've always been about SF. This town, I think was in LA. I was there, knew that I shouldn't be, but, once again, had gone. I was attending a meeting and at an old lodge-type of hotel, something historic-looking. I went up the coast for the day, in a car. Suddenly, right off the beach, I started seeing the water bubbling. This was small activity, something you might miss. It was close to the beach and even around some rocks or in tidal pools or something. I immediately got in the car and headed back to the hotel to get my things, but of course, it was too late and the building was collapsing and I was running inside to save myself and people, etc.
As part of this dream, but in a different locale, I watched another hotel collapse. this hotel is built in a semi-circle (maybe a quarter of a circle). It has several stories this way, then a smaller section on top of these floors, following the same arc, but these few stories are set back, so the whole design is like a cake with tiers. I've looked for this hotel because I believe it really exists someplace.
I also saw another very tall, building (like the Texas tower in Austin) begin to collapse, but first there was fire (from pipes presumably) shooting up from the base in areas.
A dream I had sometime during this same time 04-07, involved me fleeing down IH10, going west and needing to get past volcanoes in West Texas. (There are the remains of large calderas here between Alpine and Marfa).
----------