Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiting for dinner
Dreamed in January/February 2010, recounted from memory;
I was at Nixon's Farm, a local farm that the owners rent out for parties and gatherings. They always host a Thanksgiving Dinner--You take your family there if you don't feel like cooking.
Anyway, I was sitting in a lounge outside the dining area, talking with a young woman who looked very familiar. She knew all about me but had apparently not seen me for years. She was asking about my family. I could not place her.
Dinner was imminent. Rich smells of food and low murmuring from the cooks and setup staff came in from the next room. A large group of family was due soon, but had not yet arrived.
"I'm certain I know you" I told the woman, "but I can't quite recall your name."
--"Don't worry about it" she said in a relaxed manner, "Wait until the other guests arrive."
"I can almost remember your name! Its--"
She looked me in the eye, touched my hand, very seriously said, "Don't."
"You're Mary C---!"
The dream broke apart like a mirror, breaking into large pieces. I woke up still talking to her. "How have you been! It's so good to see you again!"
Then I remembered that my friend Mary C had killed herself in the Fall of 1994.
Comments:
Mary C-- was the first of two dead people who have visited me in my dreams this year. The dead do not show up frequently in my dreams.
The good news: The theme of large numbers of family members arriving to have dinner together with me and a dead friend is consistent with a happy outcome in the afterlife.
The bad news: I am not terminally ill. Possibly, I and members of my extended family are at a severe risk of death. I wonder who would have come for dinner, and what would have happened if I had gone in to dinner with them?