Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aftermath
The first dream was 3 weeks ago around June 5th. I am walking with my grown son and another man through deep snow in an older neighborhood. The houses are unfamiliar to me andlook to be built inthe 20s and 30s. There is a divider down the middle of the street with trees and a narrow sidewalk. It appears to have been an upscale neighborhood at one time, but now seems bleak - probably because the trees are bare and the snow is trampled and dirty.Cars are abandoned and there doesn't seem to be any services in the area. We are going from house to house looking for anyone who might be there and for anything we can use.
We enter a house and find a young woman and a little girl about 3 years old huddled in the basement. The woman has on sweatpants and a tee-shirt and is barefoot. She has a blanket wrapped around her. The child is wearing a man'soversized sweatshirt and the arms and waistband drag the ground as she tries to walk. There is no heat nor food in the house.
The woman begins to cry. "My baby died two weeks ago and now THIS is happening!"
Up until this point I had felt no emtions whatever but now I feel myself becoming choked up and I try to comfort her. My son and the other man begin looking for things we can use. We find old worn out sheets but nothing else except an oldpaper towel dispenser on the wall - the kind like they have in schools with the individual folded paper towels in it. My son priesit off the wall with a screw driver. It seems important that we take this with us.
Suddenlywe are outside walking in the snow to another house across the street. As we cross the divider in the middle of the street I notice the woman is still barefoot and is carrying the little girl wrapped in the blanket. We enter alarge house which seems to have been picked simply because it has more room than the other houses. There is a fire in the fireplace and several other women and children are huddled around the fire for warmth. Another woman gets up and puts her arms around the young woman and child. They collapse in a heap on the floor and I bend down to help them all up. I look around. I don't know any of these people except for my son but I feel linked to them as though we had all made it through something devastating.
Two men are in another room off to my left stacking items taken from nearby houses - canned goods and blankets and we add the paper towel dispenser to the pile. Again, I felt like it was somehowan important contribution.
The alarm abruptly wakes me up and I'm confused. I have to take a minute to realize that I'm in my own bed and it's summer. In my dream some sort of calamity has cut us off from other people but I have no idea what it is. I don't even know what's happened to my immediate family other than my son. I feel bad because I didn't take the time to wrap the woman's feet in the old sheets to protect her from the snow and I keep wondering why we needed the old paper towel dispenser. Universe seems to be telling me I need to learn which things are important - that I won't be able to practice this - I have one chance toget it "right" ifit happens to me in real life.
The second dream I've had several times. The last time about 6 months ago. I'm on I-40 driving west betweenTucumcari and Santa Rosa, NM. It seems to be important to get to Santa Rosa as I know there will be fresh flowing water.
I run out of gas and just leave my car on the highway. There other abandoned cars and trucks and all of us are walking.No matter how many times I dream it - it always ends the same - just walking and walking and never reaching my destination.
In real life these two towns are more than 60 miles apart. There are few ranches, no trees, and plenty of wide open nothing. At Santa Rosa there are lakes, trees,and a place known as the Blue Hole where cool, pure watergushes out of the earth year round on its way to the Pecos River.It seems to represent a safe place if I could just get there. Though Santa Rosa may not bewhere I ultiimately need to go, I thinkUniverse telling me I need to be betterprepared for where ever I'm led and not wait until the last minute.