Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doom Dream from childhood
Recurring dream from childhoodWhen I was around 8 years old, I had a recurring dream.First the real life setting (much morphed in the dream)...In the neighborhood, where I grew up, there was the Hill...where we used to camp out, build forts, etc. Center of the Kid's neighborhood. Across the fence was a big white metal barn....lotsa weeds (goatweed, kinda pale in the moonlight)hills of dirt,etc...In the dream, I am at the Hill, crawling through the gaotweed (perhaps walking through a giant version), glowing in the moonlight. The sky has only a few, very bright, red stars.Beyond the big barn (also glowing) is a colossal blackest of black pyramid.This is the source of Terror...the "nameless fear". No outward signs that the pyramid is a threat, just the Feeling.I am engaged in trying to save the little goats (who are also children) down in the goatweed forest. I keep looking over my shoulder at the black pyramid...something is dangerous, there...And that's it. I would wake in a literal cold sweat, heart pounding.Doom!I had this same, exact dream for at least a year...not every night, but often enough that I certainly remember it.It is one of perhaps 4 dreams that I remember. (I don't generally dream, at all...or am not aware of it)This dream happened before I read LOTR, or anything with such forboding themes.