Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyrannosaurus
I dreamt that my gentle cousin, a former RF4 navigator (now a desk jockey) and colonel in the Air Force, had replaced his recently deceased Great Dane with a young tyrannosaurus rex, or similar style of bipedal dinosaur, about 7 feet tall. It was playful and friendly, but rather aggressive, very strong, with a tendency to nip one on the butt, which came close to drawing blood. We were "playing" with this pup in a residential type yard of green grass, with hedges and maybe a wood privacy fence. NOT something that would hold a dinosaur which wished to leave, nor feed a meat eater, which this one definitely was. I can handle a 300 lb. (football) lineman, and was challenged to stay in one piece, even with the frisky thing being so friendly and sweet. It (he?) was a fairly dark brown color, and was warm blooded, or at least warm to the touch. Not seemingly as stupid as we were told in school they would be, either, but certainly not in a mental league with, say, a border collie.

I recall thinking that this was a particularly unwise (alarming, actually) acquisition, and wondering where in the Hell he got it in the first place. He has 7 kids, including one with a wheelchair. I couldn't wrap my head around how this could safely be pulled off, as a family pet.