Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earthquake & Rift formation in Kansas
My brother and I were in a parking garage. It was raining monsoon-like outside -- the kind of rains we would get in Houston, but the parking garage we were in was on the campus of University of Kansas. The streets were flooding outside and the hill above the parking garage was starting to send mud down toward the garage. We decided to move up in the garage and were running up the ramps. An earthquake began and because of all the other people in the garage running up the ramps, we were separated from each other. The earthquake became worse. Suddenly, the earth split and a long run-out of mud began slucing between two uplifts. The parking garage had been split in two and lifted up on each side of the rift created by the earthquake. I couldn't see my brother anywhere. I reached the top of the parking garage and looked across the rift. The sky was starting to clear although there were dark clouds on the Northeastern horizon. I saw my brother on the top floor of the parking garage on the other side of the rift. He was shouting and waving at me, saying "I'm OK! Are you OK?" I shouted back that I was OK. He shouted "I'll find you when this is over!" and disappeared into the crowd of people in his part of the parking garage. The dream ended there.