Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing but Consciousness
Lincoln, NE 6PM
I fell asleep on the couch after work. As I was waking up I was disembodied consciousness with no form or understanding of what form was. I saw a blockof 6 letters and didn't understand that they were even letters or that the combined letters madea name. Then I understood that the letters were a name but didn't know who this person was. How strange that these symbols represent some One. Then I saw each letter individually like a countdown, and as each letter counted down to the last I awoke to the understanding thatthis was me, and I thought how very odd. And then Iwas awake wondering if I'd stroked out or something but, no, I was this person. And then I thought,how? How does a blankconsciousness become something or some One? Did I have help? Did it just emerge fromitself? There was no will, no thought, no direction. Just a conscious limbo.An old Star Trek: Next Generation was on with Moriarity and the Countess where theyhad become self aware within the holodeck program and now demanded tobe free and real. Theywere told it was impossible. They ended up being trapped within a free and real holodeck program to live out their livestotally content, unaware that they were stilljust a program. This made me smile, a little sadly, and realize there really is no such thing as science fiction.