Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FRENCH TUNNEL TO NORTH AFRICA
Dream date 2/5/2011
I dreamed I was contacted by firm to look at a potential systems software contract, and I was to meet them in a funny little office in Scottsdale Arizona. I arrived at the place and it was a large mainframe system, and I told them that I hadn't done any mainframe work since 1995 and that they probably had the wrong guy, as I had pretty much converted to PC and Internet based systems. They asked me to stick around anyway, showed me some bells a whistles on this system but I was not too interested.
Then I met an American woman probably 10 years my senior. She showed me a new high speed train being developed in France, which got me curious since I did work on the TGV before the Chunnel opened up. In the dream the French SNCF Railway had formed a new entity for super rapid transit, it was called CJCF - nobody explained to me what the "CJ" stood for but I knew the CF was "Chemin De Fer" which means railway.
The woman pointed to a spot on the monitor where trains were arriving at high speed. Suddenly we were "there" and trains were arriving around a curved helix of a track which means they operated at super high speed. This new CJCF entity took the best engineers from the railway and purchased an engineering firm that had a very good record in producing high speed roller coaster amusement rides for theme parks. One of the problems with TGV is the amount of straight track that must be laid, and Europe's cities don't tend to fit that kind of rail infrastructure. This railway seemed destined for North Africa from the tip of Spain to North Africa. It was to be very high speed railway that looked to be a lot of fun to ride at the same time. This particular train would go underwater (in a tunnel) to North Africa. It is seen as way to link up the North African countries with French colonial ties across great distances.
At this point I got excited about the project, it was indeed a cool idea and I began to understand why I was being "head hunted" for the IT work.