Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nuclear Bomb Test at Johns Hopkins

Nuclear Test at Johns Hopkins Bayview

Dreamed 4/08/2011, 5:30 AM, 22:41 Local Sidereal Time

I dreamed that I was a government employee, a researcher at Johns Hopkins Hospital, at their Bayview Campus in East Baltimore, Maryland (This is located near the top of the Cheseapeake Bay, and has a hospital as well as a large number of government-funded research projects in several additional office buildings).

We received orders to test fire a Nuclear bomb at Johns Hopkins, where we all worked. It had been a long time since any test firing was done, and the higher-ups wanted to make sure their bombs still worked. My boss passed the word to me that I was to "have the honor of detonating the bomb." This was to be an actual bomb, not a simulation.

Word went out to all the research labs, and soon there was a stream of bored, annoyed people heading into the fall-out shelters that were still in the basements of some of the older buildings.

It felt as routine as a fire drill, making preparations to set off this nuclear device. We kept running into problems. We couldn't find the launch codes. Someone left her purse in the office, so we had to delay firing until she got it. While I felt happy in the front of my mind that I had been trusted to carry out this complex task, in the back of my mind I felt something was wrong. Was it really a good idea to set off a nuclear bomb in a major city? Wouldn't it wreck everything? Shouldn't we announce the test to the quarter-million people living in the area, so they too could get their purses out of the car and get to their basements? My bureacrat mind had no thought about what would happen to the wildlife when the waters of the Chesapeake Bay were boiling with nuclear flame.

As I went around making preparations, I kept seeing empty glass vessels; an empty hourglasses, many empty glass tubes or pipes, an empty wine glass. "Why are they all empty, when they should be full?" I kept wondering.

The dream ends just before I turn the keys (in a grey fusebox in the basement of one of the old buildings) that will set off the bomb.
------------
Comment: No idea what this one means. At this time, the US Fed Govt is shutting down due to the budget disagreements. I had the feeling that bureaucrats "just doing their jobs" could kill large numbers of us. The empty glass vessels seem to mean 'out of time, out of resources, the end.'