Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hole'd up at the Five n Dime
This was a long detailed dream. Very vivid. Green tea before bed seems to bring these on.

The part I remember started at a downtown variety/drug store in a large city. My group of people had been mistaken for terrorists or felons of some kind and we had been forced to hijack a city bus, run it into the building near the loading dock, and keep the entire store as hostages. I never really saw my "group" I just knew there were people moving about with me.

One problem, we were victims of mistaken identity. Also, none of us had any guns. There were 6 or 7 of us. The folks on the bus, some stayed on it, some wandered into the store, but none of them were afraid of us, nor paid much attention. There were people of all ages and races in the mix. But nobody just walked out the front door. It was as if all of us needed to stay inside until the cops came in or dragged us out.

We kind of ran around from the front to the back, and over to the bus, and back again for a while. Other people were opening up food and drink and sitting in the aisles.

At some point my group morphed into my immediate family: wife and three kids plus my brother who lives many states away. Shortly after this realization, while looking out the front windows at the gathering cops and SWAT teams, my brother just says "screw it" and walks outside. I was sure they were going to gun him down.

He raised his hands slowly and hanging around his neck was a kind of tray on a string, like a cigarette girl would have in a night club, only instead of smokes there were hundreds of plain, yellow, sharpened, and identical pencils arranged in as neat a pile as you could imagine. A few fell off on the ground. I opened the door and yelled "noooooo" and the SWAT guys lowered their machine guns and a regular cop put cuffs on him.

We went back to waiting inside for whatever reason.