Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the Future Past- '60s Chemical Salesman
I had a long vivid dream a couple days ago. My family was spending some time at our beach condo, which used to be a honeymoon hotel from the 50's to the 90's. Apparently some of this energy got into my head.

In this dream I was an outside salesman for a chemical firm. I was new in town and was going from client to client introducing myself. These were industrial and educational clients. The meetings were in lab rooms (classrooms?) and meeting rooms with charts and periodic tables.

I was driving a metallic gold colored Plymouth Valiant, '60-'62 model. I thought about how the car was still a good car, even though it was not a current model, but it looked nice and ran well and would serve me in my job. Very vivid scenes of a bright sunny day driving about, the metal dash, the seats, the sound, the windows rolling up and down, traffic.

So this was the mid '60s and it was Summertime.

I had met a gal. She worked at one of the schools I had as a client. Here I am not sure if it went from just one day's events to a highlight of several days. There were a bunch of scenes in and around the school. She lived in dorms in the back with the other staff that stayed on year round.

We were madly in love and kept kissing when we could. Innocent stolen kisses. I thought she was younger than I, but not too young. She was a working girl who just met her future husband who would take her out of this place.

At one point we went to an older lady (a nun?) and met in the school library. The look and feel of outdated metal chairs, upholstery, shelves, wood, fire sprinkler pipes. The smell of books.

The older lady gave her blessing to our plans. Later (that night?) as dusk was falling, I was picking my gal up for a date, she wore a blue spaghetti strap glittery number that fit her figure nicely. We must have been going somewhere really nice. We kissed, the dream ended.

I woke up realizing that the entire time I didn't feel as if I was in the past, it was very much the present during the dream.