Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otherworld Geraldton
This is a parallell universe dream. I dreamt that I was walking from my home in Geraldton to my friend's house at the base of the Moresby Ranges. It was a very long walk, but it was a pleasant day, so I didn't mind. It was overcast and not at all hot and rainclouds and mist were hanging over the mountains. The grass was brown and dry however, so I guess it must have been the end of summer. Someone had built a highway across the Moresby Plains running north-south and the road edged gradually closer to the mountains. (in our world, no such road exists).
Geraldton as a city was nowhere to be seen. The scenery was that of a vast grassland stretching as far as the eye could see. Actually, even the sea was not visible, as if we were quite a bit inland, or at least a few more kilometres than is the case at present. I felt as if I was in the far future. The Ranges also were of a granite geology, whereas in this world, they are of basalt intrusion geology. Also, the climate was temperate, not semi arid as is now the case.I began looking for a certain track into the mountains that I knew I would have to take.
I found the track, it was like a small pass, about 6 foot high, into the almost vertical mountain face. It was called the Wombat's Digging and the story was that long ago a giant wombat had made a burrow here which had caved in to form the pass. The fact that the digging seems to have been through solid granite simply didn't cross my mind...
I walked up the track a short way and found myself in an old ruin. It was immensely old and mossy, with stone retaining walls lining a path, and a more recent wooden bridge to my left. I turned to the right, up the retaining wall path, and instantly found myself in my friend's house. I was in her room and she was there. She was shutting all the security shutters and seemed nervous, xenophobic even. Her fears seemed irrational, she kept saying "It's getting dark, I have to shut the house up now". I went into the living room and her parents were there. Her mother was making a fish soup and it looked delicious. I said, Gee, Mrs ***, that smells great, but I'd better be going now, it's getting dark. She said, "Of course, love. You've got a long walk ahead of you. Take care!" and wasnot at all frightened for me walking so many miles alone in the dark. There seemed to be no fear in this world, other than the fear in some people's own heads. She was, as ever, relaxed and friendly. I turned to go and as soon as I walked off, I awoke.