Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul Day
Dreamed 12/5/2011
Scene 1
My company has just been bought out by another company. We, the employees of the swallowed company, are waiting for news of our fate. Will we still have jobs? Our new CEO has declared that today is "Soul Day." Many of the takeover team from the new company have come to work with bright orange T-shirts that have SOUL DAY in bold black letters on the front. 'Soul' is on top of 'Day,' the words are not on one line. This is significant, but I don't know why.
I notice that everyone wearing an orange SOUL DAY t-shirt is a young white male with crew-cut blonde hair and blue eyes.
Will I be allowed to wear the SOUL DAY t-shirt? I really, really want one. I could make my own shirt, but would they let me wear it? Probably not.

Scene 2
Without warning, I am suddenly flung across the room at the office. I have slammed into an internal glass wall.
The camera zooms forward, fast and out of focus. I see shattered glass. Everything is falling.
An Asian Woman has also crashed into the glass. Her face is at the center of a starburst fracture in the glass, and she is bleeding, and crying.
============
Comments:
Scene 1 seems to be about irrelevant events at a modern office. Who cares if the new CEO declares it to be 'SOUL DAY?' What do these young white guys know about 'Soul,' and what does any of it have to do with the conduct of business?
Roman Catholics celebrate "All Souls Day", aka "The Day of the Dead" on November 2nd, where they pray for souls trapped in purgatory. I just read about this, here: http://all-souls-day.123holiday.net/ With that in mind, Scene 2 makes sense; It seems to be about a disaster striking suddenly, without warning-- Possibly another large earthquake in Japan (based on the injured Asian Woman crying)? Also, being the victim of a corporate takeover felt like purgatory...