Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving off the edge of the world
I had a dream early in the morning of friday January 13th. I didn't post it, immediately, because although it was terrifying, it didn't seem significant until reading the Peoplenomics report on the 14th. The readers comments at the end, about the baltic dry index going over the cliff slapped me upside the head.
So in this dream, I am in a car, driving, with my mother in the passenger seat, and my two youngest daughters in the back seat. We are driving through an annoymous small town, looking for a particular street. This is a very cute, quaint little town. Shops every where, parks, clean streets, and people walking about. Some traffic. We needed to make a right hand turn, but the girls were asking questions and I was explaining something to my mom. It was very important that we make a right turn at a particular street, but I drove right past it without seeing it...and suddenly the street ended and we drove off the end of the world. There was a sensation of falling, and the car tipped forward and began to spin, slowly, end over end. I even felt the motion of being tugged up and down, forward and back with the spinning of the car, but very slight like slightly lower gravity. On the turn when the car was facing down, I could see miles below us, huge mounds, like hills but so far away as to be fuzzy and distant. That was when I realized that I had just killed my family, we were all going to die. And we were going to have a lot of time to think about it. I was responsible for keeping them safe, but I had just driven them off the edge of the world. I turned to my mom, repeating sorry, sorry, oh, I'm so sorry. Then it occured to me that I needed to say something to my girls in the back. When I turned and said my daughter's name, I actually said it aloud and it woke me up.
So, when I was reading peoplenomics.com this morning, it occured to me that there might be some signifigance to this dream, and decided to post it.