Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Arrested
On Thursday morning, January 12, I dreamt that I was in San Antonio. I went around a corner and saw the front of a large, Catholic church. People were rushing up to the church, including robed church personnel. The church people where running around and appeared to be getting ready for some unscheduled event. The church folks began talking over the PA system about a bishop who had been arrested, presumably by the civil authorities but that was not clear. Neither was the nature of his crime clear. However, they were passing out little booklets with transcripts from his trial, including copies of investigator's notes. I don't think there were enough copies for everyone and I think that they intended to the booklets to be returned but I was going to keep it to make sure the information got out to a wider audience, in case the information were to be suppressed later.

The dream got really weird when a man and a boy were brought in on large, specially equipped chairs. They were strapped in to the chairs but somehow I knew that they were volunteers. Large metal stakes were driven into each shoulder of the man and the boy. Other things were done but I don't recall what they were. Soon, the stakes were removed and the man and the boy were taken out to get medical care. All I could do was say to myself, in wonderment, "The Church engages in ritual torture." I reflected upon Church (with a capital C) rituals and the role that rituals play in society to maintain connections to the past but also to maintain control and prevent change.