Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting the Vampires
[please note that I am not a fan of vampire fiction, I don't read or watch any of it]
In this dream I am younger and married with a young girl. What I remember is starting out in a city, like Portland with older buildings, two stories tall and brick that are apartments or commercial in a mixed neighborhood. Lots of trees. We were on foot.
There was a calamity in progress, some kind of zombie vampire plague which was infecting many people. We were the only ones out in the day that were normal. Presumably the other people not effected were inside. We met some "normal" folks, kind of Goth and rock n roll leather who explained it was vampirism that infected the people. They said that not everyone was effected to the same degree, and in fact they were vampires too, but with special powers, not like the zombies who were shuffling up and trying to bite us.
They took us to a safe place, their head quarters. They told us not to worry and that only people who wanted to be vampires were made into vampires. We could stay for the night and were given blankets and a spot on the floor.
The building was one of the two story brick, block sized commercial buildings and we were upstairs in the office area. As it got later and later the vampires began to take a greater interest in me. They didn't want my wife and said that taking kids was off limits according to their leader: Atticus was his name. I only glimpsed him as he came through with his entourage and nodded approval at the situation. All the vampires were young healthy adults and he was a bit more leather and chains than the rest.
The vampires couldn't help themselves. They wanted to taste my "pure" blood. Not to kill, just taste. I could feel their desires and could tell which ones were getting "blood lust" to come and pester me. I would get the attention of the ones that were helping me and they'd help get the lustful vampires to leave me alone. It was all a bit sensual with evil overtones. I was never panicked.
We left at dawn on foot. Some of the vampires followed us to help get out of the neighborhood. At one point a zombie girl in a white night gown grabbed me and I was told to smash her. I picked up the ghoulish child and threw her to the ground, breaking her bones and ending the attack. I was sickened.
Much later in the dream I was driving an RV that was towing a pop up camper. On top of the flat camper I had put a couch without tying it down, just balanced there. It was a nice white canvas couch, brand new. I drove carefully to the vampire HQ and up a back ramp to the roof top parking and told one of them I had brought them their couch.