Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio-seeking Guns
This came in from an UrbanSurvival.com reader about our discussion of radio controlled gun aiming...and it's mighty darn strange:
OK G, now you’re freaking me out a tad more than normal.

"Just read the New Years Eve edition of UrbSurv on the Woo page. Some of your comments about taking notes of dreams, weird and otherwise, would be a good idea, then your comment on the radio controlled rifle “dialing in” on the nepharious iCrap carrier hit a chord (it was an “E”, I believe).

Sunday night/Monday morning snooze event had me dreaming of an interloper arriving at our front gate (MightyMule electric controlled) and our external cam video system capturing the event, and I went out to question/re-direct the idiot to his/her correct destination. Background: We live on a semi-private road with 4 occupants on its 1.4 mile length. Property surrounding our 40 acre plot is owned by the [redacted] “buy-up-the-world” group which is comforting in the fact he doesn’t “pump-n-dump” his holdings usually. Mapquest and other services show the road continuing westward through [redacted]’s gates and his wife’s high-dollar horsie spread to the Elbert road. Alas, the road was vacated by the Elbert County in the early ‘80’s (pre-high tech) but we still get the errant city-folk turning around at our gate when their GPS improperly guided them to their desired destination.
So, with that “assumption” in place, my dream-personage, sauntered to the gate (375’ away from the house) with “ol Betsy” 1911 in front pocket and a ready made line of banter prepared to redirect the lost soul. That’s where the dream got “strange”. The occupant saw me approaching, jumped out of the vehicle wearing a uniform I didn’t recognize and told me to open the gate so he could “inspect” the property. He had his phone in his dominant hand (somewhat lowering the threat level for lead flying) and I explained to him “What my camera’s can see, the remote-control rifle can hit, would you like a demonstration?” He scoffed and I dialed in the dream-gun and put a round 6” to port of his left boot. His exact words were lost in the dream but he hopped back into the SUV and boogied back to civilization.

I woke up, noted the time as 04:40 and remember thinking “that would be soooo cool, gotta look into it”. Then promptly fell back to sleep till my normal 0545 wake-up time when the horsies demand their morning sustenance. Didn’t think much of it until your Tuesday report. GMTA? (great minds think alike?)