Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich People, Water, and Responsibility
Snake next to the potting soil mix.

Karate. Dad mentions that we're going to Siloam Springs to Karate Instructor. Instructor says something about we should have told him because he has a cabin down there. I was glad that we didn't stay there because I didn't want to have to worry about leaving it perfectly clean and making sure nothing happened to it. I didn't want the responsibility.

At some huge rich house that looks like a museum. There is a cocktail party. We walk in and the woman there is very kind to us. There are 2 girls that had written my children's names down on these candies or some kind of food. I was picking up the labels that had their names on them to take home but not the food as we were getting ready to leave. They were serving alcohol and I had been enjoying a drink. My husband was supposed to drive home so that I could relax for one night but he walks up and he has a glass of rum in his hand. He tells me that he is trying out all the different kinds of rum that they have there and I am upset because he was the one driving and our rule is that whoever drives doesn't have ANY alcohol at all-not even a sip. We have kids to get home and I was dependent on his promise to drive which is the only reason that I drank anything (in real life neither of us drink). So, now my husband is trying out all the different kinds of rum and tells me that he won't be drinking "that" much but there are a lot of different kinds of rum to get through so there is no way that it is not "that" much and it goes against our rule anyway. I don't feel comfortable and I asked him to stop but he won't listen to me. I knew that I shouldn't drive and I knew that there was no way that he should drive and that I would never put the kids in the car with anyone who had even taken a sip of alcohol. I was disappointed that I had depended on my husband so that I could relax for one night but he hadn't held up his end of the bargain and now we were in a precarious situation. I am the only one taking responsibility.

I knew that we couldn't leave now like we planned and I knew that I had no control over him. I take my daughter to the back to get away. I go into another room and there is a bookshelf and at the top of the bookshelf is a play area for a little girl with a crushed Barbie house and car in it. I start to cry because I always wanted my kids to have a play area like that.

Duck. Start talking at the bar to these 4 young wealthy professionals 3 men and 1 woman who are all sitting there. The house belongs to the 1 rich, young man. I start talking about my brother and his invention and that I want to help him but that it is $3500 to get started and $12,000 from start to finish to get a patent. I am asking them for ideas. We talk about not for profit but since he wants to make a profit that won't work. No one has any ideas for me and I am frustrated. Surely one of these smart people have some idea?? But they don't and so I decide that I will just have to help him myself but with what money?

So, I guess that I decide that we will just have to stay the night because we are still at the house the next morning when the man that owns the house leaves for work. The 2 other men must have stayed over at the house as well because they look like they have hangovers and have messy hair and the clothes from the night before on. After the owner leaves, they start acting like kids. My family and I decide to get in a canoe type boat that would fit all of us and float the river and the 2 rich men acting like kids and being very gluttonous and selfish. They are sliding us down the ramp to the water when I realize that the boat is missing the front and back. The boat is like a canoe that instead of having a front and back come to a point, they come to a straight edge like there is a square edge on both the front and back. 2 canoe looking sides that are connected together by a straight edge. I knew that the boat was going to sink, so we scream at them to stop pushing us and we get out. They ask if they can swim naked in the water. They start swimming naked in front of my mom, the girls and I and are even using the owners' floor as a slip and slide as they slide down the rapids in from the river into the house and hit the big door that looks like a sliding barn door. They do this repeatedly.

I was worried about keeping the house clean and so I was trying to pick up. On the countertop in the kitchen, there was a spread of food (sandwich stuff) but it is messy. The rich young man that owns the house walks in and sees me cleaning and asks me what kind of mess his adult friends made today and he sees the white mayonnaise spilt on the countertop and laughs. I did not want the responsibility of having to clean up a mess that someone else had made and I was glad that he identified the people who had actually made it. Then I wake up.