Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last Day of Calm
We had severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings from midnight until I finally went to sleep sometime after 1:00 a.m. Before I would fall back to sleep (restless night with all the weather alerts), my intention was to dream about and remember dreaming of a major headline for August 1, 2014. This dream happened sometime between 1 and 7 am.

In the one coherent dream I remember, I woke up at a vacation retreat in Canada, a lot like―but not the same as―the one we used to frequent in Bracebridge, Ontario, which is in the lake district and a popular area for the wealthy to build vacation homes. Dense woods, glacial lakes, biting insects. I mention the insects because somewhere in my imagery I had biting insects in my hair and along the nape of my neck which I was trying to brush out and kill.

It was a Friday morning (which a check of my calendar fits with the weekday August 1st will fall on and which is something I don't remember knowing before I went to sleep). I was sad because I had to leave the resort that day and I was finally rested and at peace which is something I've been sorely needing for some time. I went outside to lounge in the cool morning air when another male guest came out to join me in the quiet appreciation of our final morning at the resort. We were not sitting next to each other shoulder to shoulder, because that would have looked like we were being too intimate. Instead, we were sitting as if on the ground or in low chaise lounges, side-by-side but facing one another with our legs outstretched but touching so I had an up-close view of his feet. My husband, who in this dream was named Jack (not my husband's name), was not with me and was wandering elsewhere on the property. Another man joined us, again sitting so no one was sitting shoulder to shoulder. We were talking about how peaceful things were and how none of us wanted to leave and grateful we still had a few more hours before we had to depart sometime before noon. I was watching a GPS device that pinpointed everyone's location (imagine Harry Potter's Marauder's Map as an electronic device with Pac Man graphics). On it, I suddenly noticed my husband's name. According to the device, he was walking around a trail on the perimeter of the property compass heading just behind my head, but I could not spot him when I turned to look. I could see other people all around the trail, but the device appeared to be wrong. Then I spotted him.

Sorry, that's when the cat woke me up.