Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White House selling off everything
In last night's dream, I was trying to buy very fine, white lace curtains. The pattern was very intricate and I apparently found a match on an eBay-like site and went to the woman's home to inspect her curtains. The house was a very upscale, white home with a marble exterior in a style quite like a museum home (think the Louvre). From the windows of this home, you could see other equally magnificent homes around it. We were several floors up and the curtains in question were hanging in her window. She wanted $50,000 for them. That was simply too steep for me and I was wondering why I was even in this house and considering these drapes because they were way out of my price range. I don't hang in circles that can afford $50,000 drapes. Then I wondered why someone who could afford $50,000 curtains would be selling them on eBay and it occurred to me: she was hurting financially and was selling off what she could. The room had a few nice antiques in it, but not many. It felt like this was not the first item she had parted with, and that she had little else of value left to sell.