Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich or Berlin?
I was watching handicam footage on the TV news of a white tower with a sharp point, spouting smoke into the air. I watched the camera bob up and down in the air as if on a trampoline and I felt a sense of vertigo watching this. I wondered how the camera man was jumping so high in the air and I figured it had to be a drone camera. Then I saw someone throw a water bottle at a drone in the sky and knock it down. The owner of the drone cursed the man out. There was a crowd of people congregating underneath the tower, watching in awe. Then the camera turned from the tower and ran away down the street. I followed the camera, now fully immersed in the action. There was chaos in the streets, people running and cars crashing. There were light rail trains derailing and braking hard when people ran out in front of them. I asked myself why people were acting so reckless. I realized that based on the style of the white trains, it looked like a European city. I thought that it was maybe Germany. Now I had entered the scene, running next to the camera man, and I followed him. We ran into a subway and were immediately transported to another spot in the city, but it was now nighttime and quiet, and there were very few lights here. I finally asked the man if this was Germany. He said yes. I asked if it was Berlin and he said yes. I thought the city looked a lot like Munich, especially with the burning lookout tower, and I asked if it wasn't Munich. He said no, it was Berlin. Berlin has a lookout tower as well, much like Munich's. He said that the Magnavox building was burning, which confused me. I knew that Munich had the BMW headquarters, along with what I thought was a record company. He kept running down the dark street but I didn't want to follow. He did stop to talk to some women before running off again. I paused, looking up and down the dark outskirts of the city and thought it might be too sketchy, so I turned around to return to the main city, walking underground into the subway. I thought about calling my mom and telling her that I had been transported somehow to Germany, but how could I tell her that?