Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion at oil refinery
(I had this dream May 17, typed it up meaning to send, but just found it again.)
My body is flying over an urban area, near an oil refinery, but houses and neighborhoods around it too. Then suddenly, I"m at a church nearby, white walls, lots of people, people getting out of cars going into church for church service, maybe it"s a Sunday. I am inside the church, which has a basement with extensive series of rooms and storage. Food storage, freezers, water. I"m in the basement hallway looking out a double glass door at the end of it, next to the parking lot.
Then suddenly, I see a nuclear explosion near the refinery, mushroom cloud, flash of light, the whole works, then the shock wave sweeps away everything outside, I see cars and people tumble and crushed and blow away, the people already in the church and most especially in the basement survive. Moving to the basement, I take stock of what is there, advise people to stay away from going outside. People do it anyway. Some people are in a panic. There"s no way to tell how much radiation contamination is outside and coming in. The doors are not secure, opening and shutting as people go out and back in. I talk with one lady emptying a freezer, sliding out trays of meat, we discuss how to preserve the thawing meat, racks of bacon. Maybe cook them? I"m thinking of dehydrating the meat.
Then I"m outside with several people, the sky is overcast, one man has a motorcycle and insists on leaving, he is distraught. No one can stop him. It begins to sprinkle, and I tell people to get inside as the rain will carry radiation particles in the clouds to the surface. I come to the conclusion that we can"t stay there, we"re going to have to leave the shelter very soon because of the radiation and I keep telling people that, but we will have to walk as there is no vehicle to take us anywhere. I don"t want to leave, but keep thinking we only have a few days to live. The desire to stay is quite powerful. The dream ends.
In the real world, there is a nuclear power plant in New Jersey across the river from an oil refinery in Delaware that I pass on my way to work every day. Maybe I"ve been thinking about it too much.