Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indians vs. Government and Other Weirdness
This is a super long dream, so bear with me... In this dream, I was confronted by Native American Indians AGAIN! (So many indian dreams...) They needed my help to battle a government entity that was trying to take their land. It wasn't clear WHY they wanted the land, but they wanted all the people off of it claiming that it was federal land and not "the peoples". The indian tribe who came to find me did not tell me what the government was planning to do on it, but it seemed like it was very malicious and directed towards all of america. So, it wouldn't just be the indians that suffered, but everyone in the United States somehow.

I wasn't sure how to react to them asking me for MY help. I do have indian ancestry from both sides of my family, however, I have never been taught anything of my Indian ancestory outside of simply being shown the geneology years ago. It seemed like they could have found someone better to represent and fight for them, but I also wasn't going to turn them down because it angered me that anyone would do this... not only plot against peaceful Native Americans, but against America as a whole!

When I agreed, we set off on a long journey through forests to get to the land that was being seized. On the way there, the group I was with was very careful not to let any harm come to me. A few times we had to go through old stone structures and the stairs would crumble under my feet, but the people with me would catch my arms and keep me from falling and push me forward. Another time or two, we had to cross wide cracks or huge bottomless holes in the ground. They had what looked like a ladder that they would lay across the gaps and everyone else would climb across, but they would not let me climb across, they would position themselves at each end and push me across to one another just in case.

As we traveled, it had been made clear to me that in order to succeed, I would almost certainly have to sacrifice myself. I was actually really ok with this. And I wasn't afraid. If anything, I was still very angry at what was happening. After all, if I did not win, I felt like I would fail everyone... especially my children. It was worth risking my life. Those who were with me looked as if they were relieved that I had commited to the assignment they had given me, and cheered me on and sang for the remainder of the journey. I was dressed in some sort of indian attire, and again noticed red feathers around my wrists and feet. (This is, like, the third time I have noticed these red feathers in a dream...)

When we arrived, there was a huge battle going on. The indians were losing. They were trying to avoid fighting and wanted to promote peace, and there were soldiers there who ignored their pleas. They picked them off one at a time and bodies were everywhere. After a while, some indians started to fight back... some grabbed children and those who were injured and ran away into the woods, and others waved white feathers. I assumed that this was like waving a white flag. They refused to fight, some chanting what I assumed to be prayers. It was horrific. There was blood and bodies everywhere... and while anyone should aspire for peace, this was ridiculous... and I was upset that they would not fight as it was costing the lives and livelihood of their children. In the end, they would suffer most. I turned to the group and told them how I felt and asked those who would fight to come with me, and the others to retreat and take care of the children and injured.

Once I had a group together, we circled the small army attacking everyone, being careful to hide in the trees. I have always been very good with a bow, and in the dream, as I hid and picked off those gunning down innocent people, I was more powerful and accurate than I have ever been. My assignment, however, was not to fight the small battles, I was to find a way into the heart of the army and kill the leader. It was assumed that everyone else would scatter when I did. The other archers picked off the soldiers with amazing accuracy, making a small opening into the center of the group of soldiers, so I charged into the crowd with a few others behind me to ensure my safe arrival.

In the middle of the group, I was met by a man that radiated pure evil. He had dark eyes and an evil smirk. He almost didn't even seem human... though he certainly looked it. He didnt say a word, he didn't have to because I could feel that his intent was to destroy everyone everywhere... I felt like, at this point, America was just the starting point for this. I don't know how or why I thought this, but I felt like the plot was much thicker than what I had initially thought it was, and I was way out of my league here. Nevertheless, a battle ensued, but it was not one with weapons or fists... we stood there looking at each other and it felt like our spirits were fighting. I felt myself get weaker and weaker as my spirit fought with his, but somehow, I had a huge surge of energy, and I won. He was suddenly just gone. Maybe not for forever, but for the time being, he and all of his army had vanished.

There was no celebration though. Many people had died or had been injured. Children were crying and had clearly been traumatized. This was the time for healing and preperation, not for celebration. I had wondered if maybe I had done something wrong. I was still alive, and the bad guy had probably gotten away. I was told that I did exactly what I was supposed to do, and thanked. Still... I felt so, SO bad watching everyone scramble to heal and rebuild what they had lost. I was of no further use now... and felt pretty useless in general, so I went home.

When I got home, my oldest son was very happy to see me. It was getting dark outside and also was getting cloudy as if a storm was coming. Still, my son wanted to go outsde and I felt like some fresh air and pretty flowers might do me good, so I sat on the porch as he ran around in the grass hunting frogs.

Shortly after, I heard a helecopter. It was no big deal until I heard it get closer and closer and realized that it must be flying extreamly low as the windows behind me were starting to rattle. I started to feel a panic come over me for some reason, and yelled for my son to come to me. He was not listening, so I ran into the yard to grab him just as the helicopter flew over the house. I made a mad dash to the back door. Once inside, I slammed it shut and locked it, then peeked out of the curtain in front of it to see the large, black helicopter turn to the left as if it were going to make a loop around the house. It was low enought that I could see a man in there and it looked like he had a head lamp on. He had seen me.

I grabbed my son and crouched behind the rocking chair in my livingroom. I could see shadows behind the windows of many people running across the yard and grouping up behind my doors. I pushed my son down and tried to wedge him further behind the chair and box containing my sewing supplies and whispered to him that he should not get up or make a peep no matter what happened to me, then braced myself for an invasion.

The doors were knocked down and a bunch of people dressed in black with black helmets on busted inside of my home and started raiding it. I was worried about my other boys who were sleeping. After the people in black rushed in and went up and down the halls shouting, they slowed down and started searching... they eventually found me. I wasn't well hidden, so it was amazing it took them so long to find me. I expected to be shot or beaten then dragged out of the home, but that didn't happen. They wanted to question me about another woman they had found in my home.

We walked to the bedroom, and there in the room was a woman that looked familiar to me somehow. She had a sack with her full of some of my stuff. Not big expensive stuff or anything, it was mostly food and bath items so far as I could tell. Things I would have been happy to share with her had she asked. For some reason, I didn't want her to see me, and hid behind one of the guys dressed in black so that I could just watch her. She seemed mean and nasty. She felt like she just had a rotten spirit, and it aggrivated me now that she was in my house. She eventually saw me and asked me to talk to her.

She wanted me to have these men let her go AND she wanted to keep everything that she had stolen because it was now "rightfully" hers. She had been stealing things from many people in a scheme to have laws changed. She claimed that people should not be made to suffer or starve and that it should be legal to steal from others if it is done in an attempt to save their lives or the lives of their family. In otherwords, she wanted to make theft legal if was a 'valient' attempt to save one's family. Well... stealing for any reason was wrong. I don't know what her logic was... her law would cause complete chaos! Who would keep anyone from robbing and killing a nice, peaceful family, just for their stuff, then claim it was because they needed the stuff or money. This was evil, and I told her that, and that I would not ask for her release, in fact, I hope she would be jailed forever! She got angry with me and made it clear that she knew my husband and had once been very close to him. She said something that led me to believe she was going to take him down with her in order to blackmail me. I just laughed and said that if he had done something so bad that he deserved to be put in jail, then he should be put in jail as well. Wrong is wrong, and in spite of my feelings, I have always been one to side with what is right. Anyone could ask my husband that, and he would attest to the fact that I have always put him or anyone in their place if I felt like they were doing something wrong, especially if I felt that thing they were doing was evil. She grew more angry and threatened to come to my home and kill me when she was released, and I told her to bring it. If she felt like she was woman enough to take me down, she was welcome to come for me, but to rest assured that I would be preparing for her return the entire time she was in jail. Then she exploded, cussing me with every breath she took and told me that she would make sure that my daughter was never born, and I got very angry and made it clear that if she threatened my children a second time, I would make sure that she never got an oppertunity to so much as put one of her nasty little fingers on them. It didn't matter what I had to do, I would make sure she could never touch them. After this spat, the men began to drag her off with her kicking and spitting at them the entire way.

My husband came in about this time, and was being questioned by the guys in black. I wondered what his connection with this woman was and what kind of dirt that she had on him. I wondered if maybe he had been having an affair with her. I noticed he had a sack alot like hers and I started digging in it. He had some of those address stickers that are mailed out asking for donations. I asked about those and he said that he was in a hurry and used them. He didn't seem like he was going to donate the money for them and I told him it wouldn't kill him to donate a small amount.. but that couldn't be what that woman was talking about so I kept digging in his bag. I found some food he had picked up for the family on the way home and it looked like he had new shirts and socks in there, so I asked about those and he said he needed new work clothes and wanted to surprise us with dinner... so I asked if he had a reciept, and he did. He handed it to me, and I scanned over it. Everything was listed and paid for... clearly he wasn't part of her plot, and I felt bad that I had accused him of anything. I appologized to him and shortly after all of the guys in black left.

I was overwelmed and I wanted out of the house. Most of my time is spent at home playing with the children and teaching them things. I am not a shopper, but in the dream, I felt like I wanted to go on a shopping trip. I needed out of the house and I was overwelmed by all of the conflict. I had exactly $150 spending money for myself. Normally, all of my money goes into things for the family, but I wanted to treat myself to something I would enjoy. I thought about what I might do, and the first thing I considered was buying a bunch of white shirts for the boys and some cloth paint and let the boys design their own shirts. I knew the shirts would probably be messy and gross, but I thought to myself that they could be work shirts! It could be the special shirts they wear when they clean the house or finger paint. I couldn't loose because if the shirts ever got stained or dirty, it wouldn't even be noticeable! Brilliant! But then I thought that I might want to learn to crochet. I had seen the most adorable crochet mermaid tail with a clam shell bikini for newborns years ago. I would look at that (as cheesy as it sounds) and tear up wishing for a little girl. I mean... how adorable would that be?! Boys are fun... but you don't really get to play magical dress up with them... not like you do with little girls. Since I had found out I was having a little girl, all I could think was how bad I NEEDED that crochet mermaid tail. So that was it. I was going to spend ALL of my money learning to crochet a mermaid tail. I only had three months to learn how to do it. I picked out the yarn I needed and searched for a book or free directions on how to make it... but I could not find anything. No worries... I would hunt instructions online.

I was so excited picking out the colors and planning this new project... but then I came across a conflict in the store. There was a very large woman in a scooter who had been stopped by a group of young people. They were harrassing her by mocking her weight and throwing food at her. I felt so bad for her. Though she was very large, I doubted very much that the entire situation had been her fault... looking at her, her weight was not distributed evenly. She looked as if most of her weight was carried in her bottom, which may be a sign of some sort of thyroid problem. I got angry and stepped in asking the younger adults what their problem was. They could say whatever they wanted about this woman, but if they wanted to judge someone, they need not look any farther than themselves. Her body was temporary, and she could always lose weight... they, on the other hand, had ugly spirits, something that lasts much longer and is much harder to change. They laughed at me and threw food at me as well saying that I was only standing up for her because I was fat too. I was big pregnant, so of course I was heavier... but it didn't bother me that they called me fat. If anything, I was releived that they left.The woman was very upset and crying now, so I hugged her and told her that everything would be ok. I understood that most people are the way they are for a reason. I suspected there was something medically wrong with her that made it hard for her to lose weight. I could kinda see the distress in her eyes that led me to believe that. I walked beside her and we talked... I told her that many larger woman chose to hide in the candle aisle... (It made sense in the dream) So we walked to that section together to find many larger women hiding in there while looking at candles. One claimed that the smell of the candles distracted people from her size and instead they would see her for her, and not her size. Another claimed that people would be so taken by the smell of the candles that they wouldn't notice her at all, and she could be there without anyone bothering her. The woman I was with was overjoyed to make friends with the other women, and as they talked, I went to check out and go home.

On my way to check out, I noticed kids talking about this new game. It was some sort of game where you would spin these tops and try to knock over the other person's top. Apparently, this was kinda a big thing for little kids. My oldest son was now somehow many years older... I would guess he was about 6 or 7 in the dream now... and he brought me a set of these tops. The set was $30. There was another kid that followed behind him carrying a delux set of the tops. It came with some special edition tops and a huge stuffed animal which I guess was the main character of the game. It looked a bit like a cartoon dragon wearing big, red boxing gloves. The stuffed animal looked to be 2 1/2 - 3 feet tall! This set was $150... I thought about this for a second, because when I was growing up, I remembered playing marbles and pogs and always wishing I could have the cool sets all of the other kids had... and then there was my pokemon card collection... Holy wow... did I love my pokemon cards. My parents never supported me collecting these things... they weren't what all the other girls were collecting, and it was hard to get ahold of any of the rare or awesome things without help... so I never was the kid with the awesome set that all of the other kids had... and I thought for a second how much it would be worth to give my son that feeling. After all, things were really bad in the world, it would be nice to let him feel like a king, even if it only lasted a short time. Life is short. I could treat each of my kids like this one at a time, starting with him... so I told him he could not have the $30 set he had picked out, then put back all of my craft items.. then told him to get the $150 top set. He looked like he was going to have a stroke. As we walked to check out, I felt like maybe I was doing wrong by spending all of my money on my oldest son, and not treating the others the same way... but the other boys didn't seem to mind, and I could fufill my second oldest son's wish the next week, and the week after that I would do the same for my youngest.. My kids hardly ask for anything, so I thought, as I went to check out, that I would surprise the other boys this week with a fun-filled day of crafting and we would also have a pizza party while my oldest son played his new game with his friends.