Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storn of tornadoes
I had a very vivid tornado dream, there has not been a lot of tornado stories in the news lately and I do not live in a area known for tornado activity the Northwest, so not sure what may have "caused" it. I do however have some experience with tornadoes, the area I live the Northwest is not known for tornadoes however the county I live in a local metereologist called tornado alley of the Northwest due to some odd geography and weather. As a small child in the 70's we had a large one 3-4 (they are rated I think on a 0-5 scale) it killed a couple people and did a lot of damage and I remember clearly my mom saying this would be tornado weather in Kansas it then hit, I heard it but did not see it, then again about 6 years ago we had a 1-2 that did some serious damage and hit my property as it was dying out, only taking down a tree. So maybe my tornado experiences caused this dream or maybe not.
In the dream I was outside a house not mine and looked up and sawblack skies and funnel clouds forming all over, like that scene in "the day after tomorrow" movie but they did not look big, I had to drag inside my daughters veryold stubborn lab and once I got inside the only person there was my ex but it was not her house either. I watched a small tornado as it approached then found a safe place away from windows, it hit but only shook the house bad, no biggie, no major damage. I turned on the TV and saw a picture of thedowntown area of Portland Oregonviewed from a NE direction with a well known local weather man reporting and then saw on TVa massive black funnel cloud plus smaller ones, the big one had to be a 4-5 major tornado. The tornado hit the area the TV was showing doing extensive damage then it approached the area the reporter was and hit, the camera was still working filming the scene as part of the big building was torn away and the reporter hanging on for dear life still describing what was happening although you could barely hear him over the noise then his legs were airborn while he held onto pipes or something and then it was over. I rarely remember dreams but clear dreans I remember have become more common for me since about May.