Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
other side
I found myself at some kind of family gathering. There were only a few people left there including my mother and my husband's siblings and spouses. There was a box on bees on the table. I thought they would be honey bees but on closer look they were hornets so I closed the box back up and remarked they were some of the largest I had ever seen. One of the guys was taking them to his daughter's lab for research.

There was a massive tarp set up and the guys were going to take it dowm but it lifeted up and tipped over across a very large camping trailer that was parked behind the yard. I pulled my mother to the camper to take a look inside and see what it was like. It was much larger inside than out... we kept discovering more and larger rooms.

We ended up in a wonderful, cozy kitchen space that had an antique stove and a small bread oven near a wall on the floor. I looked up and there was a big door to an outside deck. We stepped out on the deck and discovered we had passed through to a different place. On this side of the door it was an entirely different feeling place. Fresh and green and happy and so busy. The people here were all friends and relatives who had passed. We were at a place. . . it kind of reminded me of a rural farm market or festival. There were wooden sheds of sorts, open sided as well as some barns and greenhouse type structures of wood and glass.

The farm or "commune" was presided over my husband's late uncle. It was an amazing place full of green and flowers and everyone was in various sheds preparing various unusual vegetables and fruits to process for food. I was very excited and calling my mother to come look at this or that but she was quite involved and excited about her own explorations and visiting among the people. A departed aunt was in a small area with a canvas roof, ir was half below ground level, in a pit of sorts, it was cool and smelled beautifully of rich earth. She was preparing the leaves of prickly pear cactus to be cooked. She was wiping the spines away with her bare hands and I was shocked and concerned but she laughed. In one of the greenhouse type buildigs I was in awe at the out of season vegetables I saw growing in haphazard raised beds. There was also carts with shelves, some had young plant starts and others had containers with indredible beautiful "fairy gardens". I loved the diminutive detailed garden containers so much I was moved to tears. As I was heading back out and toward a building someone ran up to me with what looked like a thick woven mat and handed it to me. On closer look it was a few inches thick and dense and it was actually something that was supposed to be eaten. They were giving it to me for my elderly mother and they asked me if I thought she could handle preparing it . I told them I thought she could. She loves to cook unusual and unique vegetables so she will fuss with it, it will be a good experience for her. I carry it into a beautiful, rustic wooden building, small barn.

There is a door with a stairway leading to a basement but there was a rope hanging down and someone asked if I wanted the stairs pulled up. I answered not yet, I have to go through a little further before I leave, I want to stay here longer. My husband's uncle, Ebert, expresseses that he's sorry I have to go but to go ahead and get home, I can come back another time. I was in the barn then, looking for the door that would take me out to the deck and camper I entered on, I didn't find it before waking.