Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damage on the Docks
A bigger black man, a sexy blonde girl, and I walk out onto a pier away from town. The pier sits just inside the river opening to the ocean. Lush green ridges or small mountains line both sides of the river, into which the town is built. The dock is long, and extends about a quarter of the way to the other side of the river. To our left is a massive white ship parallel parked against the dock. It is the only craft out here. We were supposed to take a boat across the river, but there is none.
We walk to the edge of the pier and before we turn around, my black friend jumps in the water. It looks cold, and is deep enough to be a shipping channel. I was trying not to fall in while my friend over here is resurfacing. He swims a circle around the end of the pier, calling us from below. I begin to wonder if he intends to swim across. I guess our little boat was just late, because it appears to our right.
The three of us board and begin pushing off. Instead of sailing forward to our destination, we sail left across the bow of the large Russian ship. I hear shouting coming from their decks as I turn around to look at what my black friend found. He holds two different sized cannon balls, one in each hand. The larger one must be at least twenty pounds, while the smaller one looks like twelve or fifteen. I turn back towards the shouting to see people lining up along the banister of the Russian ship with assault rifles. They aim at us, and I take cover behind the helm. A small mortar lays underneath a burlap sheet, no bigger than a large floor tile. The black man pulls the tarp off and rams a black iron ball down the barrel. I position our vessel directly in front of the bow of the Russian ship and look up to aim. The ship looks, from my perspective, just like the back of the yacht in Call of Duty: Black Ops, complete with a balcony and everything. My friends aim the cannon and fire. A shockwave ripples across the water and our boat moves slightly away from the ship. The cannon ball slams into the balcony and sends wood shrapnel flying everywhere. Three assailants are taken out by the blast and portions of the balcony pour onto the deck below. The remaining assailants take cover as we load the next one. I wonder if it will fire at all with a ball too small, but we try it with the same success. It slams into the side of the vessel, taking at least one more life and absolutely destroying the rear structure and part of the deck. The assailants pop up like a children's book as soon as the shrapnel settles. We try to load again under fire, and they take cover for the next blast. We continue this pattern for a few more rounds until we run out of cannon balls. I speed away as they try to regain themselves. Our vessel sustained only minor damage, and no one was hurt. Neither vessel is sinking, but the topmost portion of their ship is devastated and unusable. They will be stuck in port for a while.