Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've got to write this dream down!
Friday September 19, 2014

I am at my house (not my house in real life) and my friends and I are throwing a party in my back yard, consisting mostly of people from Electric Forest. My large in ground swimming pool and the surrounding concrete patio are immediately behind the one story brick home. The layout I've described so far reminds me of the house Mark Zuckerberg buys in Silicon Valley in the Facebook movie, but it's not exactly the same. It is nighttime, and lights on the house and in the pool provide ambiance. The pool area is enclosed with a chain link fence, with a yard behind it. Upwards of a hundred people are running around, but I'm chilling in the back left corner of the pool (from the house's perspective) with my boys Sean and Jason. We're just standing/swimming in a circle talking and watching people play. Sean is to my left and Jason to my right. I am facing the corner of the pool but am furthest away. Suddenly from my right I hear the roar of a steel roller coaster and the thrilled screams of the people on board. Just as quickly as it comes, it disappears like the sound of a car engine speeding past you on a highway. How many parties have coasters?
Electronic music is playing over all these sounds. I walk through the circle to the edge and lift a wet hand out of the water to grab my phone. I unlock it and pick a song. Apparently I am the one playing the music, via Bluetooth. I lock the phone and put it in my pocket underwater. I turn around and dive in, swimming across the bottom of the pool. The music is muffled the way water does, but I can still hear it. I think to myself 'Damn, that's pretty impressive that the Bluetooth works under twelve feet of water.' I swim back over towards my friends and surface. I set my wallet and phone on the ledge. I wonder to myself why I have my wallet in the pool. Unlike my phone, that's not waterproof. I swim around a little more and look back to see three dark (but Caucasian) men standing around my stuff. Sean and I step up at about the same time, and the men dissipate and leave the party. "They almost just stole my wallet" I say to Sean, thanking him for having my back like he always does.
"They did get my wallet," he replies, looking out the fence to the other pool. The other pool sits off to the side, dark and completely unpopulated. 'Why do I have two pools?'
I awake (in real life) in the middle of the night and look at my alarm clock. 4:40 AM. I need to write that dream down before I forget it! The memory is already fading. I think about reaching for my tablet, but I don't because dreams use the motor cortex for working memory and moving overwrites this space. I close my eyes and use the picture of Sean by the poolside as a hook to tow the dream back into working memory. That's almost all I have left.
Alright, I've got it. It's safe to move now and I can get my tablet. It's not there. I look down the hallway and see a girl, my age, with black hair like Sophie from Leverage over a skinny but well structured body about six feet tall. She has my android tablet in her left hand, arm dangling by her side, and she's facing me. She giggles and runs to her right, out of view down a stairwell. I chase her down the hall, which is dimly lit the way organizations run 'core' lighting at night or during a power outage. The walls are a dull, tasteful warm orange with nothing on them. I pass under three illuminated, recessed lights and break left down the stairs. She is close, I almost catch her! She gains stairs and dips out on one of the floors below me. I stop, having lost her, and take a small, blue plastic package of cool mint Listerine strips out of my pocket. I pop one on my tongue and take a deep breath. Okay, think like her, think like her...
My intuition guides me onto a random floor, out the door to the right and left around the first corner. This hallway has a bunch of doors, and turns right about 10 meters ahead. Directly in front of me is a clear glass window to a fishbowl classroom. I turn left down another hallway that was not visible until I turned down it, and which connects before the right turn with the fish bowl. She is standing at the end, just like before, with my tablet. It's a dead end with presumably locked double doors behind her. I close in, and she somehow gets around me and escapes! I've lost her again! I know she has Listerine strips just like I do, so I pull out the small light blue package, snap it open, and pop another one. I close my eyes and inhale through the mouth. The cool, almost overwhelming feeling overtakes my respiratory system. Think like her, think like her...
I run past the fishbowl and through some random maze of hallways. I approach another, different set of double doors and push them open in unison. I enter a huge, empty space with only one hanging industrial light lit in the far back left corner. It's a gymnasium. An empty gymnasium two stories tall with the typical clear coated hardwood floors and trussed ceilings. I walk across the gymnasium and out a different door. I walk calmly down some more hallways until I get to one of them with a right turn like before (but different). Instead of the fishbowl, there is a single wood door, open with the light on inside. I approach it and walk in. To my left are two rectangular tables in the shape of an L. The tables are filled with people sitting around them. Around the people there are student desks scattered randomly about the room in a manner that prevents occupants from seeing each others' papers. Only one of these desks are occupied, with the student facing away from me and hunched over. To my right is the teacher's desk, with a green chalkboard which terminates the room. A woman is half-leaning half-sitting centered along the side closest to me. She is an older, larger woman with curly, poofy blonde hair, circular glasses, and her arms crossed. She watches me the whole time I'm in this room, but never speaks a word. The students are silent, and I can't tell if she is proctoring a test or Eagle1istering detention. I walk up to one of the students sitting at the center table. He is sitting backwards, chair facing me instead of the table. It's Joey, the kid who was in my 10th grade electronics class and who sat next to me in my 12th grade math analysis class. He is holding my tablet with both hands at his stomach, like someone would if they were using it or reading from it except the screen is off. I step up to him and look him in the eyes. I calmly reach down and take the tablet from him with no resistance on his part. He can't run or retaliate in the presence of the proctor.
I sit at the isolated desk closest to the inside of the elbow of the L-table. It faces Joey and the other students. I recognize Jon, who is also sitting amongst the students at the center table. The three of us start talking quietly, and I wonder if that woman is going to intervene. Like I said before, she never does. We begin talking about cars, and they talk about which high-end cars they want. Most of the cars they bring up are in the six-digit price range. I interject with the Tesla Roadster. "It can beat all of the cars you've mentioned in a race. It can do zero to sixty in 3.6 seconds, practically a world record. A cheetah, which has never been surpassed by a street legal automobile, has a zero to sixty time of just 3.5 seconds. All your cars are 4+. On top of that, it is $68,000 instead of $168,000."
This is where the dream becomes a bit hazy, but the next thing I remember we are in Jon's car (his real car, none of the ones mentioned) and he's driving us around somewhere. It's still night time. I don't recognize where we are. I see a sign for Interstate 75, which makes a T-intersection to the left. This is the beginning of the highway. This doesn't look right for one thing, and for another thing I don't live near the end of I-75.
I wake up again at 5:55 AM. My tablet is right below me on the ground, untouched, and I write my dream(s) down.