Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Lines and Fighting an Evil Woman
Apparently I bought a house. I was walking through it with a contractor who was trying to get it ready for me.

He points out various issues that they are working on. Carpet that needs replacing - it's a horrid shag/berber type, the loops hadn't been cut to form the shag properly so they were large enough to stick your toes through them and trip.

He also points to random gas lines all through the house that are cut in random places. He's telling me these don't work, and as we go upstairs - I notice an open space in the counter at the back of the open area upstairs where the stairs led.

It's a kitchen? The contractor mentions there's no stove, and that he is working on fixing the gas lines.

The dream shifts and the contractor is gone and my family is there. We are halfway moved in. The horrid carpet still exists. My mother and daughter (early teens at the time she's in college at the time of this writing) are watching TV. I walk over and look at the carpet where they have kicked off their shoes. I see that my mom and daughter have stuffed their socks under the edge of the carpet where it wasn't secured to the floor by carpet transition moulding. I tell them to get their socks out from under the carpet and not to do things like that.

As my daughter is removing the socks I feel a presence behind me. I turn and realize a woman in all black has appeared out of nowhere and she has a small child (between 18 mos and 2 years old) She's mistreating the child. My family and I are appalled and all I can think of is getting the child away from her.

The woman senses this or something and takes a fighting stance releasing the child. I pick up the child and we are trying to get away from the woman.

I run upstairs and grab the broken gas line - I notice strange sparks coming from it - but it doesn't quite ignite fully. This bothers the dreaming me. She comes up and wrestles the child from me and runs down the stairs.

I chase after her, and she tosses the child to the ground at her feet and stands in fighting stance again. I circle around to block her exit and face her. I glance at the child and all of a sudden a black rod appears in my hands. A random thought crosses my mind that this rod is the Gothic Black Rod of Blasting or some random name I don't remember well now, and I know that I can defeat her with it.

Taking care not to swing in a way that would go near the child that is on the floor and frozen in fear, I swing it at the lady in black expecting it to knock her back or something. It has no affect. Like a cheap aluminum broom handle it bends right in half. I continue swinging it at her with no affect, and then ditch it.

This lady in black appears to be protected by some supernatural power. Nothing I do can defeat her. At this point I wake up.