Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P1_08 SCUBA Diving in the Mountains
Monday October 20, 2014 (afternoon nap)

I am traveling. I am not alone, but I don't know who I am with- a friend or relative. I don't know if we've come across the country or across town but we're motoring along a highway through a city built in the mountains. The city is beautiful with lush, thick, dark green trees. We are traveling south. It is daytime, but the impending cloud cover makes it dark. The setting sun still peeks in from the left. The windows are wet, the road is wet, and the trees are wet. Small swaths of fog or low clouds reduces visibility in some places. We trace one leaf of a clover with our car to change to a westbound road. It is still a freeway or major road, but there aren't as many cars. We travel maybe two miles west, downhill. We pull off and arrive at a very tall, industrial looking wooden building. It is a tower, four or five stories tall with a footprint just as impressive as it's height. To me it looks like a tower you would see in front of a mine or quarry. We get out of the car and walk inside. The door opens to a massive, one story room with a drop ceiling like an office space. The room is dark, illuminated by the small amount of light penetrating the clouds, which in the last few moments of our drive had become victorious against the Sun. The room is empty, save a counter in the very back which makes an L-shape around the back left corner of the room. A single set of aluminum double doors sits in the left wall behind the counter. We close in on the counter and see two employees working, a man and a beautiful blonde woman both my age or slightly older. They greet us and the man starts talking business with our group. He walks left towards the doors and my eyes meet with the woman's. She smiles at me and, when everyone else is concentrating on the man, touches her right thumb and index finger against her pursed lips and then puts them back by her side. It takes me a second, but I quickly realize she wants to smoke. How does she know I smoke, or that I have bud? I nod my head yes and smile. She smiles back and starts walking the same direction as the man. She makes a gesture with her hands and whispers, possibly making no audible noise at all, "Eleven minutes." That's when she gets off work.
Whatever we came for isn't happening tonight due to the impending storm, from which we can already hear distant thunder. Instead they are closing (in eleven minutes). The man walks through the double doors and disappears. The woman continues flirting with me, and somehow kissing comes up in conversation. She says she would totally kiss me. All I have to do is lean over the counter. The man reappears through the doors and works to impede this idea. This is where the dream logic begins to break down. He does so by trying/offering to kiss me insead, which of course I refuse. He closes his eyes and leans over. I think to myself he must like this girl. She and I set a stack of paper towels in front of him with which he makes contact while I steal a kiss from the girl. I wake up.