Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowded Out at Christmas
As planned, my parents and sister's family arrive on Christmas Day. Out of no where, more family arrives and I'm now looking at the set table, worried that I don't have enough plates and chairs. Nieces and nephews arrive with some of their friends and I notice a lady I don't know standing at the kitchen sink cleaning vegetables. I wonder who hired her. More young people arrive and since others have taken over the cooking, I decide I need a shower. There is someone in the shower and someone making out in my bedroom. I have to wait. I undress and go looking for some fresh clothes and can't find any but I do find my white housecoat behind the bathroom door. Even my dirty clothes have disappeared. I wander through the house and there isn't anyone there except family in the kitchen. The house has been destroyed - the furniture is wrecked and scattered all over. I decide to pack a bag and just leave because it is all way out of control. My suitcase is missing. Back in the kitchen, family is traying and bowling all the food they have cooked. They are going to feed my food to all those people who just showed up out of nowhere. I go outside into the back yard. I am upset and angry. I come across the ex from 25 years ago. He has a drink in his hand. I confront him about what is going on. He laughs and ignores me as if everything is normal. There is something wrong with his face. It is covered in what looks like pimples.

My own husband, kids and their kids aren't there. It is not my house. It is summer time. The grass and trees are green. The house is white.