Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty Basement
I stayed home from work today. Not feeling well -- headache and nausea. Slept on and off all morning and had this dream where I am actually the character (me) in the dream.

I am in the 'computer room' in the basement sitting at my computer wearing my blue nightgown. It's a bit dark in the room so I get up to adjust the curtains to let in more light. I find myself trying to adjust the curtains in the near dark and while doing so, unsuccessfully, my hand got caught in the fabric and I heard a ripping sound. In the meantime, I noticed what looked like a set of white headphones attached to the wall above the window. I finished what I was intending to do as best I could and decided to have a look outside. I bumped my nose and glasses against the window. It was dark outside. I wondered if I was wearing my sunglasses because it being dark outside didn't make any sense. It should be daylight. I didn't/couldn't have slept that long without hearing anything including my noisy husband coming home. I looked again. It was dark outside in exactly the same way it is dark outside when I'm not dreaming. The lawn was groomed and the stars were out. There were the usual cars parked on the street and the street lights were on. After all, I was in my own house.

This was creeping me out. I was scared as I started to leave the room to investigate further. As I left the room, I put my hand on the wall outside the door on a dark stained rough wood piece of panel on the wall all covered with spider webs and bugs. More fear. I walked further out and saw straw, dirt and dust on the dark wood fireplace mantle. (The only fireplace we have is noisy electric one, but in the same location as my dream). By now I was crying in my usual frightened ohmygodthiscan'tbehappening way. I spun around to look at the room and it was empty. The couch, rug, TV and all the appliances/dishes in the mini-kitchen. Gone! Empty. Dusty and dirty like it had been abandoned a long time. It was daylight and I saw daylight through the kitchen window.

Then the thought occurred, "