Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
generation passes away
I was in my car. I had driven up in front of the daycare where, in the dream, I worked. I sat in my car a few minutes thinking. there was a huge house across the street. I thought "I wish that was for sale again". then I thought "no I couldn't ever afford it anyway". then I thought " no one in this town could afford to buy it. so they would probably sell it cheap". I looked around at the houses outside for a minute. it was the size of the entire city block. it hadn't been taken care of. there was no grass. there was only about 6 feet between the house and the sidewalk where grass could be planted, but there was only dirt and weeds. there were scraggly bushes around the house that hadn't been tended. the garage door was open. there were piles of trash in it. I saw a bike and piles of unused sheetrock piled on top of the bike. so, I quit daydreaming about the house and realize ive been sitting in my car 27 minutes and now im late for work. my coworkers car is now parallel parked in front of mine. I see my boss come out of our building. it looks like shes going to mail the bills and go to the bank. she sees m e in my car i think. but i get out of my car as she is walking around to her car, which i think is parallel parked behind mine. she didn't see me. i thought "whew she didn't see me". but i wasn't really trying to sneak. it just worked out that she didn't see me. so i went inside. there weren't any kids there. the place was like 1970's. cheap fiberboard paneling that has veneer to look like wood. really bad brown carpet. the main room when you walk into the building from the street was where the kids are supposed to play but its empty. the main entrance is a glass door on the back of this main room. theres a gravel driveway and small parking lot back there. that's where parents drive up to bring in their kids. pretty soon a man drives up with his daughter. shes 2 or 3 years old. shes never been here before. the man drove a 1970's looking brown car. he looked poor. his hair was scraggly like he had been burned. what little hair he had was longish and greying. he brought his daughter in and left. i had gone into the back room. when i came back out my coworker (faceless and genderless, but i think female) was there but there was no child. i said "wheres the kid?" she said "he dropped her off and left, but he came right back and got her. he said he drove around the block crying and came back for her". then the man drove up in the back again. i went in the other room again. i came back out and the coworker said the same thing again. no child here. i started to freak out. i said "something is not right about this. he left a bomb here or something." i could see the man was still getting in his car out the back door. i ran over in time to see him leaving. he put something down on the ground. i saw him through his car window and he had tear stains on his cheeks. i went back inside and he had left a huge grenade. the grenade was like the size of a small cantaloupe. and it had a strip of bright neon orange on it. i told my coworker "SEE! he was going to blow us up!" but the pin wasn't pulled. i told her we need to call the police. she asked "why? its not armed. we're gonna call 9-1-1 and say what? we have this big grenade here. you wanna come get it?" so i was like yeah you're right. then apparently my coworker and i got really tired because the next thing i remember we both suddenly woke up and looked at each other and looked like we had been sleeping for several hours. i looked at a small alarm clock. it was flashing 11:00. we laughed at ourselves with our bed-heads. my co-worker was now a man after the nap. someone was coming so we went to the sink to put water on our hair and smooth it down. we were playing around being silly about our crazy hair. i was confused about the time. 11:00 would mean we were only asleep a few minutes but you could tell we slept hours. we walked to the back room. the boss was back there putting stuff away. groceries. we started to help. i asked her "what time is it? did the power go out?" she said "yes. its 5:45." i knew we closed at 6:00. we had slept 6 hours. we started to clean up and the boss asked if we wanted a brownie she had made. we were like - sure! she broke us off a chunk of a thing that was like a large rectangular chocolate chip cookie, but we ate it and it was good. as we are putting stuff away, i go behind the big metal storage shelves and i saw a mom and her baby sitting there at the lunch table. she said "is it time to go now?" i said "no a few more minutes. do you want a piece of brownie?" she said "yes. could you put some ice cream in it for the baby?" i said sure. so i go to get a piece of brownie and i ask the boss if its ok to put ice cream on it. she said "NO!" i said "why?" she said "its not good for the baby. the generation died." i said "what?!?" she and my coworker were both like "yeah! you know?!? the rapper, Generation!!" i was like "what?!? when?!?" my boss said "yesterday." i thought to myself AND i saw it being written down on paper by no hand "Gener..." then my alarm went off