Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting in a Fight
Tuesday February 3rd, 2015

I am at my house in <home city>, but it doesn't quite look the same as in real life. Out of nowhere, Daniel comes over and invites himself in. He is Daniel, but he actually looks more like Tyler- skinny, tall, white, curly hair, thin wire-frame glasses, and a white t-shirt. He walks into the family room and gets on my Mom's computer. He starts showing me this new cryptocurrency whose genesis block was mined only hours ago. He begins telling me about how it has the perfect trifecta of properties to become the next popular cryptocurrency. This all happens all of a sudden and he came in without asking, so I tell him he has to leave. He stands up from the computer, faces me, and refuses to leave. I begin pushing him out of the room and towards the door. He is really scrawny, so I don't expect him to be able to do anything about it. He pushes back until my back is against the wall. He has his hands on my shoulders, restraining me. I swing my left elbow across his face, but miss. He just grins. I throw a second bow with the same arm, and this time I make contact with his jaw. He steps back a little and punches me in the face. I punch him in the face repeatedly: left, right, left, right... I sort of get tunnel vision and get sucked into it. He throws a few more punches, landing most of them, but I don't stop. Left-right, left-right, left-right. I just keep punching, and counting each one. I reach 56 punches before I finally stop. He is weak. Not unconscious or even bleeding that much, but he is mostly limp and not fighting back anymore. I drag his ass to the front door and toss him out of my house. I feel accomplished. I have never been in a fight before, and this has gone a lot better than I expected my first fight would go. I won. I feel stronger.
I am still kind of in a daze. I sit down in the chair in front of my Mom's computer and sort of stare off into space. The web browser is open to the block explorer of the cryptocurrency Daniel was trying to show me. I just watch the blocks stream by for a while. The network is finding a new one about once per second. Each time a new block is found, the miner who discovered that block is paid 65,535 coins. I watch the money stream by. You know, Daniel is pretty smart. That is a lot of money. He did have a good idea. He was trying to share the wealth with me, and I threw his ass out. I look at the download link for the mining program. The logo is Scooby-Doo's head. I download it and try to install it, but for some reason I can't get it to install.
Soon my Dad comes over. Either I say something or he sees my face, because he starts asking me questions about the fight. He doesn't approve of violence, but a part of him is proud of me. Before I can answer all his questions my Mom and my sister get home. My Mom is the only one who walks in the door. We talk for a minute and then we all proceed out the front door and around the side of the house towards the back yard. It is a sunny and warm afternoon. We open the gate and Alyssa is there. I get nervous about my Dad being here, but he doesn't leave. What is going on? Then he asks her if she is coming over to his house later, to which she replies yes. WHAT?!? We all walk into the back yard and spend about an hour clearing dirt and mud out of this concrete drainage ditch in front of the back porch. We get it completely clear of mud and go back inside to watch TV. Daniel is back. I invite him inside. Neither of us apologize, but we do make up and hang out as friends. Everyone watches Criminal Minds on TV.
After a while we're involved in an intense scene where someone is getting tortured. The actor is screaming out in agony. We are startled by a knock on the door, and I see Dave with his young daughter on the front porch. I frantically race to pause Netflix as my Mom approaches the front door to let them in. She lets them in and the girl is walking in front of the TV screen before I am able to pause it.