Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April in July? Why?
Hmm. This might be why April is in July at least.
As Obama held a news conference regarding the Iran treaty, a reporter from American Urban Networks White House correspondent APRIL RYAN asked an unrelated question. The reason this is big is because President of the United States answered it and in the process defined rape in a way no president has ever defined it in the past.

BY KIA MAKARECHI
At Wednesday’s press conference on the Iranian nuclear deal, President Barack Obama took a question about the dozens of rape allegations that have been levied at Bill Cosby.

American Urban Radio Networks White House correspondent April Ryan asked Obama whether he would revoke Cosby’s Medal of Freedom, awarded in 2002. A petition to that effect is currently circulating. Obama had this to say:

“With respect to the Medal of Freedom, there’s no precedent for revoking a medal. We don’t have that mechanism. As you know, I make it a policy not to comment on the specifics of cases where there still might be, if not criminal, then civil issues involved. I’ll say this: if you give a woman, or a man, for that matter, without his or her knowledge, a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that’s rape. And I think this country, or any civilized country, should have no tolerance for rape.”

He then paused for a few seconds, before turning the discussion back to the Iran deal.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015...bill-cosby
http://pagesix.com/2015/07/15/obama-cosb...f-freedom/

Messages In This Thread
April in July? Why? - by twiceblessed9 - 07-14-2015, 05:37 PM
RE: April in July? Why? - by Eagle1 - 07-14-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: April in July? Why? - by twiceblessed9 - 07-15-2015, 12:10 AM
RE: April in July? Why? - by Sherriann - 07-15-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: April in July? Why? - by twiceblessed9 - 07-15-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: April in July? Why? - by twiceblessed9 - 07-16-2015, 10:45 PM
RE: April in July? Why? - by Eagle1 - 07-16-2015, 10:46 PM