Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would like to post more but fear contamination
I have a couple more suggestions.

First, get on a serious emotional regulation/management plan. Day residue is largely emotional, particularly those emotions that we really didn't get a chance to digest or acknowledge, aka the repressed or suppressed emotions. This is a very important point because people can get really good at repressing their emotions and they think they are emotionally superior or just emotionally 'clean.' nothing is further from the truth. Repressing (the unconcious decision to push an emotions down) and/or suppressing (the conscious decision to repress an emotion) will only guarantee more day residue in dream time. We need to do the opposite. We need to FEEL deeply everything that comes our way. That doesn't mean we have to cry if we feel sad. It just means that we take a second to stop what we're doing and inwardly acknowledge...."hey, I'm really sad," or "hey, I think I feel a little sad." You can do a whole lot more with those emotions, but if you are wholly present with 100% of each emotion that rises up each day (and there will be many of them), then you will extinguish a good portion of day residue.

Next, be sure to journal your dreams. Acknowledging daily dreams and honoring them by documenting them will do two things: 1) the subconscious will realize that you do care and thus will tend to reduce the repeated or repetitive day residue (if there is any), and 2) will give you tremendous power over your dream life. Once you honor your dreams and show them that you really care, then you'll be a power house in the dream incubation protocol. That is, tell your dreams that you want new and fresh material, or that you would like to dream about next week, or next month, or a specific location like, "I want to dream about the biggest headline in Miami, FL during the next 3 months." No matter what you get, you need to honor it and still document that dream. This is how you get more and more reliable dream content that you really want. It takes effort, though, but definitely worth it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would like to post more but fear contamination - by Eagle1 - 07-29-2015, 10:12 PM